Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa T with Ultrafine Xtreme 400 first rolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Bessa T with Ultrafine Xtreme 400 first rolls Reply with quote

Hi all,
finally got a chance to shoot and process 2 rolls of Ultrafine Xtreme 400 and I'm pleased overall with the results.
Processed in D76 1:1 for 14 minutes at 68 degrees Celsius.

Was I concerned that shooting 400 asa in snow, might be pushing the limits of the film/camera combination too much it was a good chance to see how the film reacted to the high shutter and minimum aperture combinations however overall it seemed to perform quite well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you had overexposed a bit, maybe not, but I see some clipped highlights - what makes me think about Cafenol or other developer which actuates more gently in the dense areas of the negative than D-76.
The last shot is the one I liked the most of all,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Renato

The negs look good and I've not doe any adjustments to the scans so there may be some life in those highlights yet.

Scans were done at 4800 dpi as a starting point, not really sure if that is too much as of yet a. Biggest any of these would be printed as is 8x10.

Bessa T has a center weighted metering, focused however more to the lower center rather than dead center.

Overall I'm pleased with the results considering so many firsts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteen1314 wrote:
Thanks Renato

The negs look good and I've not doe any adjustments to the scans so there may be some life in those highlights yet.

Scans were done at 4800 dpi as a starting point, not really sure if that is too much as of yet a. Biggest any of these would be printed as is 8x10.

Bessa T has a center weighted metering, focused however more to the lower center rather than dead center.

Overall I'm pleased with the results considering so many firsts

Me too, I have a very good impression about your first series and I'm sure this camera has very strong possibilities, so, keep posting your results, it would be nice to see it,

Cheers,

Renato