Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

May I keep it ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: May I keep it ? Reply with quote

Hi,

Yesterday I've received a Soligor C/D 135 f2 lens in Minolta mount for fleaBay, the vendor has described it as "very good condition". Cost me 32 € / 47 US$.

Once unpackaged, I have im hands a near mint lens, with nearly perfect focus ring slide and aperture clicks; indeed the lens is full of fungus, both outside and inside.

Even if the vendor is OK to refund me, I would like to know if it worth keeping it in order to trying a deep clean ...

What would you do ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLEAN IT!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
From the little experience with my two of these I'd say it's a lens worth having if you can clean it up - and if, in this case, you can get it for free.

The refund if for returned product: I can't keep it for free :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
You could try negotiating a lower price for the lens.

If not then it's probably best to return it as the last one I purchase was only ?16 in decent condition.

I have asked for a partial refund.

That's my third in a row eBay problem with wrong description actually. The first product was fully refund, the second one halfly, then this one... Sad