Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which mount system?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Which mount system? Reply with quote

Hello... more beginners questions... again.

I've so far been looking exclusively at M42 lenses. I have an Adaptall 2 ring and a QBM for a Rollei lens, but I was thinking of broadening my horizons.

Which other lenses work well with a Canon EOS fit? Preferably with AF confirm.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use lenses from most slr-systems on your Canon. For example: besides M42 I also use Olympus OM lenses and Pentak P/K with focus confirmation. Just check the E-bay, and you will find adapters for many mounts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One concern, however, is that if you go full frame at some point then there are many incompatible lenses that will hit the mirror on full frame Canon cameras. So if FF is something you're considering, take a look at compatibility lists before buying lenses…

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Which mount system? Reply with quote

altwebid wrote:

Which other lenses work well with a Canon EOS fit?

I have the least problems with those mounts on EOS:

- Leica R
- Olympus OM
- Nikon F/AI(S)
- M42

Pentax K and Contax/Yashica lenses do work, but sometimes the adapters are a little problematic.
EXA and QBM lenses often do not reach infinity and stop the mirror of a 5D.

Canon FD and Minolta lenses need to be rebuilt to fit to an EOS. Sometimes that is possible.

As for adapters, just look for them in the "€Bay". Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

I was a little unsure of what worked best.

My bank balance will be taking a massive hit in the coming weeks!