Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock Rogonar-S 35mm 4 & Tominon 35mm 4.5 Enlarger
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Rodenstock Rogonar-S 35mm 4 & Tominon 35mm 4.5 Enlarger Reply with quote

(lenses)
Previous tests on a G1
The Rogonar is used directly on the OM register (actually on the OM body cap you can see mounted on a 4/3 adapter), and the Tominon on the M42 register (M42 adapter directly with tape, you see the old sheet).

No bellows, and nor extender tubes here, but of course it's easy to add some.
So, it's short, light, and very handy. And easy to put into the bag. Small is beautiful...
Sharpness of course, nice bokeh or IQ.
Wide open here, no pp.

ROGONAR

Last edited by Phenix jc on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOMINON

Crop

15 (missfocused)

16 (missfocused)

Last edited by Phenix jc on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photos and lenses!

I had to reread the intro as it seemed that you had mounted the Roganar directly onto the camera body cap. I intend to do that for some Rollei 110 lenses that I got and maybe my Pentax 110 lenses too? The adapter price for the Pentax 110 is atrocious or else I get to vandalize the beautiful camera bodies for the original mounts.

Any tips for mounting to the body cap?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
I drilled a smaller diameter, and then I enlarged it with a round file and sand paper ;
Perhaps I've used a "bell - saw" (?) for wood (for a bolt or a keylock on a wood door), or I drilled many small holes and after I used a saw for metal to connect these holes and cut the plastic. Handwork anyway.
I'm affraid I made this adapter a long time ago for a film camera (and my Meopta lenses, I'm still in love with), and I don't remember how I did exactly, but I did well !
The best tool is to take your time ;
The lens has to be maintained by strenght, so look after keeping a small diameter.
In fact, I have now a small M39 ring which goes on the other side of the body cap and secure the lens completely.
(these lenses are very light, so it is not a real problem)
Pictures will be better than my english Wink

[OM 350/2.8...WOW !]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results! all superb pics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix

Fabulous work and detailed photos! Thanks!

Yes the lens is awesome but very heavy. It was so cheap, 300 GBP from Rocky, that I could not resist. It has seen some rough use, very scraped exterior, but the optics are good!