Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got an MC Sonnar 135mm at last!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Got an MC Sonnar 135mm at last! Reply with quote

Does it live up to the hype? YES!

I have three 135mm lenses that I consider to be excellent and this is the newest of the three! The others are the preset Pentacon and the Tair-11A

I am very happy with this lens, I saw it at what was a reasonable price nowadays so went for it! I had no idea it was so compact and it terms of image quality it really is a great little lens, I'm very happy with it!

All wide open (will I ever need to stop it down!?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice samples of this lens. I tried Sonnar 135/3,5 2 of them MC 1 Zebra. I sold the MCs and keep the zebra for less CA than MC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave - I have the 3 lenses that you have and they all have such different character that I can't see me getting rid of any.

I tend to use the Sonnar at F5.6 for flowers a lot, as it is very sharp and still shallow enough DOF for its bokeh to be visible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb samples! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful images! This is one of my favourite 135mms for a very good reason!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! That's a great lens.
I have always hesitated to buy one, because they usually gor for big money. (I have seem those Sonnars go for almost the same price you could get a Leica Elmarit 2.8/135 for, and that seemed silly to me.)
Anway, those who have, love it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! sharp wide open!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conrats!
i prefer it over contax 135/2.8 because of more microcontrast, better sharpness at infinity, lower ca and far better mfd Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series!

My favourite is #6.

I´ve got the Zebra type, but using Nikon, cannot reach infinity without an optical adapter.

I remember reading from some thread, that a CZJ 135/3.5 can be adjusted to reach infinity on a Nikon body. Has somebody tried this?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats ! It is reach quality of 135mm L quality for a little money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Congratulations! That's a great lens.
I have always hesitated to buy one, because they usually gor for big money. (I have seem those Sonnars go for almost the same price you could get a Leica Elmarit 2.8/135 for, and that seemed silly to me.)
Anway, those who have, love it! Very Happy

I paid about £40 all in which I thought was pretty good because I could probably sell it for £80 BIN on ebay. It's the cheapest one I have seen in this condition since I have started using mf lenses so I went for it!

It's still sad to think people were giving these away 5 years ago!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:

I paid about £40 all in which I thought was pretty good because I could probably sell it for £80 BIN on ebay. It's the cheapest one I have seen in this condition since I have started using mf lenses so I went for it!

It's still sad to think people were giving these away 5 years ago!

Congrats on your new lens!

I also have one but still haven't been able to test it properly.

When I have the time I will compare it to Jupiter-37 and the Zuiko.