Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELIOS-40-2 85MM F 1.5 CCCP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: HELIOS-40-2 85MM F 1.5 CCCP Reply with quote

http://www.four-thirds.cn/forum/attachments/month_1101/110108210806a11abd77f4feb5.jpg
[img][/img]

http://www.four-thirds.cn/forum/attachments/month_1101/1101082108af636e3ab3ec1340.jpg
[img][/img]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: HELIOS- 40-2 85MM F 1.5 CCCP Reply with quote

laenee wrote:

下次你可以试试把照片上传到本站。 Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it was same designation as Biotar 75mm F1.5.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigeyes wrote:

They copy the design of Biotar and put it into their Helios 40 and 44 lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuohohoho .... thank you Sir for the shared pics.
I've already bought one on eBay a week ago ... can't wait one more week before it arrives at my hand ... can't wait .. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
bigeyes wrote:

Any significant character differences from Biotar? 'Cause I have interest to buy the Biotar too, if I could get the right price Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
bigeyes wrote:

Any significant character differences from Biotar? 'Cause I have interest to buy the Biotar too, if I could get the right price Smile

Wide open, Helios 40-2 shows more diffusion of contrast than Biotar. For a dreamy look, select Helios. For cleaner definition, Biotar. Both are quite sharp in the center and suffer in the edges until stopped down. Lastly, Biotar is a bit lighter, smaller and wider FoV, though still a large lens in it's own right.

Biotar 75/1.5

[img]http://kellysereda.com/bokeh/e2ca6aa2e[/img]

- note the clean(er) definition of contrast (vs Helios)

Helios 85/1.5

[img]http://kellysereda.com/p70710186/e101f0eef[/img]

- lit edges 'glow' with diffusion.

I hesitate to suggest one lens is better, they are just different. In the end, I recently sold the Biotar to fund a new acquisition as I used it less for this type of shot than the Helios.

Kelly.

edit - why doesn't [img] work?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my 40-2 one week ago and am enjoying it a lot. One question:
The iris selecting ring works fine, but the aperture locking ring is very loose, without any damping. Is that normal?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:

Wide open, Helios 40-2 shows more diffusion of contrast than Biotar. For a dreamy look, select Helios. For cleaner definition, Biotar. Both are quite sharp in the center and suffer in the edges until stopped down. Lastly, Biotar is a bit lighter, smaller and wider FoV, though still a large lens in it's own right.

I hesitate to suggest one lens is better, they are just different. In the end, I recently sold the Biotar to fund a new acquisition as I used it less for this type of shot than the Helios.

Kelly.

Thank you very much for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
I received my 40-2 one week ago and am enjoying it a lot. One question:
The iris selecting ring works fine, but the aperture locking ring is very loose, without any damping. Is that normal?

My Helios is in good condition, preset ring is firm with click stops while the aperture ring - while easy to turn - holds a setting reliably.

nixland wrote:

Thank you very much for the info.

No problem. Feel free to check my site for samples of each.

Kelly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent use of this russian monster:)