Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 5cm f/3.5 "P" (LTM) (KMZ) [K440] &
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Industar-50 5cm f/3.5 "P" (LTM) (KMZ) [K440] & Reply with quote

I have read somewhere that this lens has been nominated as ugliest lens of the world Laughing
Whatever, I like her Wink

This lens was made in KMZ.
It is mentioned in Princelle's guide as K440.

There is a special gallery for pictures taken with this lens on display on my website, but at this time, it only contains images of the lens and of the combo with NEX5.
Also, a special thanks to Attila for the tips on using a light tent. And thanks to Attila and themoleman342 for showing me the Way of Просветление.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice alu russian lens.
What is a light tent ? Do you have any picture of this installation ? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A light tent is like a tent filled with light Smile

Here is an example: Click here to see on Ebay

You put the object you like to photograph inside the cube. For good illumination, you put at least two lights at the sides (right + left). You can tweak this by putting e.g. a third light in front/back, etc. The white cube guarantees an even illumination of the object. Depending on how you arrange your lights, you can eliminate shadows rather easily.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !
That's a great tip and costs little money. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
A light tent is like a tent filled with light Smile

Here is an example: Click here to see on Ebay

You put the object you like to photograph inside the cube. For good illumination, you put at least two lights at the sides (right + left). You can tweak this by putting e.g. a third light in front/back, etc. The white cube guarantees an even illumination of the object. Depending on how you arrange your lights, you can eliminate shadows rather easily.

Looks really good, I need to get one of those tents. I see thay have diferent sizes, 50 cm would probably be good for lenses and camera shoots? Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this soldier is still missing from my army Smile Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots with this lens are a little soft compared to the 50-2 and show vignetting at wide apertures. It's fantastic though!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Shots with this lens are a little soft compared to the 50-2 and show vignetting at wide apertures. It's fantastic though!!

I fully agree! I have still not pushed this lens to its limits though, but portraits indeed are on the soft side (wide aperture). But a beautiful soft though, one that I can use when I have this particular effect in mind. Gives very soft B/Ws. When I point it to light sources, like street illumination, the lens is terrible though Laughing
I must say that this lens indeed is fun to use. The only lens that was more fun to use on the NEX so far was the 50-2 Surprised