Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding focus confirmation to a Canon 300D body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Adding focus confirmation to a Canon 300D body Reply with quote

The idea is quite simple: Take out a tiny chip of any focus confirmation adapter and solder it inside the camera, to the backside of the body contacts, ading an enable-disable switch. With this mod the 300D will have focus confirmation on body for all the MF lenses, without losing the compatibility with Canon AF lenses...

And if this can be done for the 300D, why not doing so for any other Canon DSLR?.

The link

I look forward to see raising the price of the 300D because that article Wink

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool mod! I'd seen an earlier version without the on-off switch; the switch makes it sweet. Now if Canon would simply add the circuit (or equivalent feature) to all cams Cool

On 5D, the lens pins in the body are mounted on a bracket, bracket fastens to body with single screw. I'm thinking I can tape a chip to the bracket. No on-off, but simple and reversible.