Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit monoscope 85/1.6 for pentax camera? anyone tried yet?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Zenit monoscope 85/1.6 for pentax camera? anyone tried yet? Reply with quote

hi folks, i am desperately looking for someone who tried zenit monoscope lens on any camera

i know people are using cyclop but what about zenit 85/1.5 for example? it is worth of buy?

m42 thread

[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly unlikely it is any good, if it was, it would be well known. It's probably low resolution and only corrected for a single wavelength of light.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for information, how is then cyclop 85mm 1.5 so well known, is there something which i am missing? cyclop is also for single wavelenght?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.5/85 is the same optics as the Helios-40, so it's a camera lens repurposed for a different task. A lens designed for IR intensifier use is unlikely to be much good for normal photography.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

appreciate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The 1.5/85 is the same optics as the Helios-40, so it's a camera lens repurposed for a different task. A lens designed for IR intensifier use is unlikely to be much good for normal photography.

my another question sir, is there more lenses like cyclop that were repurposed for night vision and are worth of bying?

much appreciate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's this one .
Also, I saw some nightvision devices mounted with a jupiter-9, I never managed to know if it is a regular j-9 or a special one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes! this one, so there are only two nightvision lens which could be attached to m42 thread and both of them are primary for photography? because of performance.

nothing more? i found following site with all zenit stuff, looks great but i dont ,..

http://www.zenit-camera.com/night-vision-scopes.htm