Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 28/2.5 adaptall 2 lens just bought it! (Images added)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Tamron 28/2.5 adaptall 2 lens just bought it! (Images added) Reply with quote

Well I have just bought this off of the bay,Any image samples while I await its arrival...opinions on it as well please Very Happy Not a super wide but at least it is a start.Has to be better than the Soligor 2.8/28 I have
Looks like this one
O2B version

Last edited by mo on Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Mo, it is a very good little lens and very underrated IMHO. I've only ever used mine on a cropped sensor camera and the results were excellent. You should try and track down the matched hood as well - it finishes off the package nicely! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Edgar,I will be using it on the K200D.I hope it will open up some new angles/views... Laughing
Do you have any samples from your lens?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it also, and can confirm what Edgar says, nice lens.

If it happens to happen that you already have the Tamron SP 90mm 2.5 and its extension tube, I found out that the extension tube can be used as well with this lens. (I believe that could be used with any of the f/2.5 Tamrons).
Good luck with it and looking forward for samples.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, that's right, Tamron 'hard coded' the f2.5 max aperture on that tube. It works with non f/2.5's but in a kludgy way.
Mo, also keep an eye out for the 24mm Tamron, these are very nice also.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very nice lens indeed. Congrats.

Nesster wrote:

Absolutely! I like the 24 even better than the 28.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks Edgar,I will be using it on the K200D.I hope it will open up some new angles/views... Laughing

I'll post some samples when I locate them in my files, but in the meantime here is my lens on a Canon EOS 10D.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Jes, that's right, Tamron 'hard coded' the f2.5 max aperture on that tube. It works with non f/2.5's but in a kludgy way.

+1 I have the 24mm f/2.5 -- the second version that was just a cosmetic update. It is a very nice lens, and also under-appreciated IMO. It is equivalent to my Nikkor 24/2.8 AIs. I posted comparison tests between the two lenses here probably about a year ago or so.

I managed to snag mine of the bay for $40. But that was because it was mis-listed. Still, it's worth keeping an eye out for.

Oh, and congrats on the 28mm, Mo -- I'll wager its quality is on par with the 24/2.5.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copies was both 24mm and 28mm pretty crap , hopefully you will have better luck than I had.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 28/2.5 was very good and both 24/2.5 lenses were OK but crap in the corners compared with a Nikon AiS 24/2.8.

Here's a random with the Tamron 28/2.5:

Southampton docks by night by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting about the corners. I've found that my Nikkor 24/2.8 is softer in the corners than my Tamron 24/2.5 is.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys I will await it nervously Very Happy It cost just over $40 including postage which I think is reasonable.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price/performance wise, it's a great lens! I never leave home without it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I went out today for a walk & took these shots in a local graveyard. Not particularily inspiring photos, but you can see the sharpness of the lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks guys I will await it nervously Very Happy It cost just over $40 including postage which I think is reasonable.

I consider that to be an excellent price. I paid $40 for my 24/2.5 + postage, and I considered that a steal.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's quite nice, but I don't use mine enough. It's like this: A few months ago on eBay I won a Vivitar-Kiron 28/2.5 for US$20.50 shipped and I thought I was in hog heaven. A few days later I won a Tamron BBAR 28/2.5 (with Adaptall2-PK adapter) for US$4 shipped and I knew I was truly blessed. And a few days later I won a Vivitar-Komine CFWA 28/2 for US$18.50 shipped and I just transcended to another plane.

So the CFWA 28/2 is with me on my current long journey and the 28/2.5's aren't. I'll take those on my next journey and put them in the LOTD (lens-of-the-day) schedule, where I wander around someplace picaresque using ONLY that lens for a day. Yes, the Tamron is fine. Mine just feels so lonely...

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Nice price and lenses RioRico!
My Tamron arrived yesterday in its retro little black lens case,Front lens cap with its little cord attached so you don't lose it!...The glass looked clear and clean which is all I could ask for.I will post samples later on...I hope this weather holds till I am able to get out and about....it is very bleak outside.. Sad

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the weather turned beautiful...here are some samples.

#7 I was trying to get the branch in the right light with the right aperture...did not succeed..but the blue ,green I like!

#8 What one does when one is waiting for the Phone service provider to answer a call about a phone fault...I am still on the phone and it has been nearly an hour...sighhhh Take photos of any house hold object...Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! Looks like that last object should be filled with a proper beverage to help you while away your time while stuck in the phone queue.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this is the same optically as it's 7 elements in 7 groups and mine doesn't stop at F2.8 but moves a bit more as though it was F2.5. But can't see any difference checking the exposure (the Minolta X-300 should be good enough for this):-

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/cw28.htm

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you compare another of its stats to the 02B, they both have the same minimum focusing distance. Different front thread diameters, though, which may not matter.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
If you compare another of its stats to the 02B, they both have the same minimum focusing distance. Different front thread diameters, though, which may not matter.

If my lens is any good (film still in the camera) I will post results...might be a hidden gem, I bought the lens on a Nikon AI adapter for £3 at a boot sale.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Nice shots! Looks like that last object should be filled with a proper beverage to help you while away your time while stuck in the phone queue.

Well it took awhile for them to answer...a lunch break was to blame... Rolling Eyes I am not a beer fan and beer in a brass container does not appeal. Very Happy
Embarrassingly enough the fault was easy fixed someone in the household had used the phones ability to forward all calls to another number! Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Geez I felt like a dill...but I can laugh at it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Tamron Reply with quote

Tamron made such good manual focus lenses! Hope yours is up to the usual standard and then you will enjoy it, Mo!

Better than the earlier version and quite a close focus, too! Excellent value.

Thanks,Jes, for that info about the macro tube!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention this earlier, but usually maximized depth of field is associated with wide angle lenses. For most of your shots, Mo, it looks like you were using the 28 wide open, which gives a different character to the images. And being an f/2.5, its shallow depth of field when wide open really shows in some of the images. This can be a very interesting feature to have with a wide angle lens, I've always thought.