Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for biotar 80mm 2.8 pentacon to EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Adapter for biotar 80mm 2.8 pentacon to EOS Reply with quote

Hi!

I Recently got biotar 80mm lens and it has a adpter, but it dosen't focus to infinty. I'm thinking of buying new adapter to fix this problem, but read somewhere that not all of the adapters won't focus to infinty, although they promise to.

So, is this true?

I´m using 5d MKii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sami.

Yes, not all adapters are made the same, thickness-wise. For some lens that small variance might be more critical as compared to other. Sometime it might not be the adapter which is in fault since it could even be originally, the lens could not be able to focus to infinity in its original system.

In the case of a 80mm lens, infinity might not be as critical as it is more a portrait lens, I think. I am sure other will comment more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was fast reply! Thanks, BTW, great site, and forum.

For portrays I bought it, so it is not that big problem, but it would be nice to have possibilty to focus it to infinty, never know, when its going to be needed...

But right now going to by new focus screen

Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to pentaconsix.com the register distance should be 74.90mm

You can measure your adaptor if it provides the correct distance from lens to film/sensor plane. If it is too short, just try another one. I've got two no-name adaptors, both working fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a very good one but sold it and I still have a P6-M42-adapter which works perfectly with an additional M42-EOS- or M42-SA-adapter.

You can find good ones. Keep on looking for them...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I measured it from right places, then current adapter gives only about 63mm.

Do you, Gonzoo, recall, where did you get your adapters? As I live in Finland, the only way for me to get those adapters is to order somewhere without possiblilty to try it first.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not. I got mine (P6-Eos, P6-M42) when I bought a Sonnar 180... wait I think I've got a spare P6-M42. I'll check tonight and pm you afterwards.