MFlenses - A new life in a digital age
MFLenses 2026

Manual Focus Lenses Forum

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.
DiskFreeVault safely moves Mac apps and data to external storage.
Spotlight

Featured partner placement for the forum front page.

Helios 40 1.5 service help
View previous topic :: View next topic  


Reply

Hi. I'm on board for a long time. Today I got a Helios 40 1.5.
Unfortunately the focus ring works very hard. I decided to clean and lubricate. But I can not get fully into the mechanism.
Below is a photo of a bare element.



Twisted 3 very small screws (orange arrows) placed in the ring.
I do not know how well I mark the direction (green arrows), unscrewing the black ring from the silver sleeve.[/img]