Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor Auto Tele 200mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Panagor Auto Tele 200mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

I found a very nice copy of this old lens for $5. Belonged to the seller's late father. It was well-cared for and in its case. It didn't resemble the images found online. There is no built-in hood. It has a screw-on hood. It must be an earlier version.

It has clean glass, and no Kino/Kiron oily gummy lube issue. It looks to be very well made, smooth focus, snappy aligned 8-bladed aperture. There is an amber tint to the coating, unlike the typical purple.

Throwing it on the a6000, revealed it suffers from typical green and purple fringing in high contrast exposures. But resolution is excellent. A pretty decent lens from Kino.

8 I was spotted!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looks very good! Do I see a Saguaro there (#5)??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is a pleasant surprise. Nicely sharp.

Yes, that's a Giant Saguaro, it's about to flower. It's enveloped by another tree that's blooming. I believe it's a Palo Verde.
I couple wider shots below to get it all..

sPRING bLOOM by wNG 555, on Flickr

DSC06242_Konica Hexanon AR 57mm f1.4 by wNG 555, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Panagor Auto Tele 200mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:

Overall good, but quite nervous bokeh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I find the bokeh acceptable, given its focal length and max aperture.
I think it's a worthy addition to my collection.
Happy Dog