Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exposure jumps with adapter (confirm chip)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Exposure jumps with adapter (confirm chip) Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm having problems in video mode with an adapter with chip confirm I bought on ebay from HK (I'm not gonna put the link cause IMHO they are all equal).

I experienced many times that while shooting videos the exposure changes (down) by like 1/3 stop for half a second and then goes back to where it was. Did anybody have this experience?

The chip is very helpful for pictures, but I was wondering if someone found a solution or if there are "better" chips that don't show this bug. Yes I know that buying an adapter without a chip will be right thing to do (and I will) but I usually take pics and videos on the same "moment" and changing the adapter seems a little uncomfortable.
I noticed that while using the adapter in manual mode in my camera menu (550d) I see that focus goes from MF to One Shot and viceversa continuously .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have the problem in video mode?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this one will also have the problem fixed?
The thing is that not even the sellers are aware (or they pretend to) of this so they couldn't actually point me to the right adapter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need Nikon F adapter. Maybe the new ones with EMF chips don't show the problem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem, but only noticed this after I had already transcoded video to Apple ProRes 422. I checked the original mov on the SD card and it was fine. Not sure why the conversion created an error, but strangely the error was exactly as you described... as if the aperture ring closed down a stop, then returned to normal after a few seconds.

Thankfully, re-encoding it fixed the problem.