Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adjusting infinity on Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessa 50mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: adjusting infinity on Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessa 50mm/2.8 Reply with quote

There's a real EBay bargain listed, $32 USD for a pair of Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessa 50mm/2.8s that "need to be adjusted for infinity focus".

Click here to see on Ebay

How difficult would that adjustment be, would a novice be just as likely to ruin the lens?

PS - hope this isn't off-topic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I dont see the bargain.
Not very significant ones, have one, got it for free with a camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joosep wrote:
Sorry but I dont see the bargain.
Not very significant ones, have one, got it for free with a camera.

I'm sure you're right, I just looked at the price guide and it seems to often go for 50 or 60 bucks.

Ebay listings in Canada seem to start at around $30, there aren't many steals on ebay.ca.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the repair section of our forum?...bargains are hard to come by down here too ....I think 2 tessars for $32 is not a bad price depending of course if you can fix them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Have you checked the repair section of our forum?

Oops I should have started there, there's a detailed discussion about this lens.

Lots of discussion of how tricky it is to re-assemble and get infinity focus right Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lenses are tampered badly if not reach infinity focus well. I bought and sell many of them I did never find any with infinity problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't buy them, I wanted to know what I was getting into before I started spending money.

I've never taken a lens apart before, and I'd hate to break something that used to work. Maybe the next time something is listed trashed/dirty/fungused "for parts" I'll buy it and give it a try, at least that way I can't make it any worse then it used to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
I didn't buy them, I wanted to know what I was getting into before I started spending money.

I've never taken a lens apart before, and I'd hate to break something that used to work. Maybe the next time something is listed trashed/dirty/fungused "for parts" I'll buy it and give it a try, at least that way I can't make it any worse then it used to be.

Good idea to start to learn on 'ready for trash' lenses.