Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A dream come true...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: A dream come true... Reply with quote

I had a great day today!

It was pretty tiring at work (discussion "applied ethics in Huxley's Brave New World" is no walk in the park...) but when I came home I got the great news:
Not only the Tamron 2.5/24 is on the way to me, I will receive a Nikkor 1.8/85 (AI'd Pre-AI) in a couple of days!

Wow! Two fine lenses for daddy! Wink

I'm really tired and really happy! Laughing

Now, let's hope the packages arrive safely...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Carsten! I am not a Tammy wide angle fun, but I like a lot this Nikkor lens!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A dream come true... Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I had a great day today!

It was pretty tiring at work (discussion "applied ethics in Huxley's Brave New World" is no walk in the park...) but when I came home I got the great news:
Not only the Tamron 2.5/24 is on the way to me, I will receive a Nikkor 1.8/85 (AI'd Pre-AI) in a couple of days!

Wow! Two fine lenses for daddy! Wink

I'm really tired and really happy! Laughing

Now, let's hope the packages arrive safely...

Well the 24/2.5 was posted airmail at lunchtime (there's a 55mm Hoya Wide-angle hood, and a Hoya Skylight filter in the box with it - filter might need a clean! - oddly most lenses I'm buying seem to have a 52mm thread Wink ).

Hmmm how long can I hold off from buying a 85mm? Confused

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A dream come true... Reply with quote

Thanks, Richard!

Richard_D wrote:
Hmmm how long can I hold off from buying a 85mm? Confused

Honestly? I don't think you can postpone that for long. Wink
BTW, the best (and perhaps cheapest) start is a Jupiter-9 2.0/85. That was my first (and so far only) 85mm lens and I still like it a lot. I have two 100mm lenses though...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lost Richard, this is one of the finest portrait lens and going cheaply this time...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best lenses ever made are in the range 85 - 105, no matter who the manufacturer. The nikkor 85/1.8 is stellar, but I understand the 85/1.4 is even better (I cant afford one).

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great day!

Both lenses arrived today, the Tamron and the Nikkor.
Both in very good condition.
Now, I have to do some testing and playing. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats mate! I expect very goos results from both lenses!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Another great day!

Both lenses arrived today, the Tamron and the Nikkor.
Both in very good condition.
Now, I have to do some testing and playing. Wink

It's hard to beat new metal and glass, all put together with precision! Congratulations Richard! Have fun, I know you will!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
It's hard to beat new metal and glass, all put together with precision! Congratulations Richard! Have fun, I know you will!

Larry, I hope Carsten has fun, too! Congrats, Carsten!

Bill