Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Trioplan 2,8/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Meyer Trioplan 2,8/100 Reply with quote

Gentlemen,
I guess the silver version is somehow older than the black one...Both for Exakta Mount. Is there also a M42 version available?
Are there any differences? Coating? Blades? which one would you suggest?

Scuze me, what is the "thing" near the mount of the black version. Are there any problems when using them on a 7D or 5D MkII ?

thank you for replies

Last edited by agent_cooper on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver is older right and it is a special 'moody' lens available in both M42 and Exakta mount. Black one is 'normal' good lens I saw only in Exakta mount and more rare I think than silver one.

Oldest brass pre-war lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/trioplan_10cm/?

Silver one

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/trioplan_100mm_f2_8/?

Black one

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/trioplan_100mm_f2_8_exa/?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Attila for your quick reply (are you always online?) and for your comparative picture gallery.
Unfortunately I missed again the thread, it was intended to be in "Manual Focus Lenses"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work from home , so most of the times at evening hours yes I am sitting here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent Cooper, I just bought a silver one with the red "V". Haven't tested it much but I really like it!
Both shots at wide open.

Last edited by Kram on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram, this looks interesting. So you got the silver, post-war version?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the red V stand for better coating?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the post war silver (I think)! I'll have to let someone with more knowledge define the "red V".
Not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, red V means better coating and if you find one , chance coating is already removed with previous cleaning pretty high Laughing

I have several Olympic Sonnar with red T and without red T most used one really abused one has best IQ and no red T on it of course Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, red V means better coating and if you find one , chance coating is already removed with previous cleaning pretty high Laughing

Haha! I guess I got lucky, mine is pristine!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got non red V, glass isn't really clean, some dust and maybe fungus, but I love it. Not clean it yet, but still, it produce nice image specially wide open, its bokeh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a silver M42 version without red V if I remember right.
It is one of the lenses that are often in my bag. Used normaly wide open - because of the special bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the black one sharper (in Exakta mount). It is semi-automatic and has less blades and no crazy bokeh. Didn't interest me so I sold it and bought a crazy alu one Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the "crazy" one seems to be the "freaky" one. Sharpness doesn't interest me in this caze, I got the zeiss c/y family for sharpness purposes.

I go now for the alu post war retro style-o-mat!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
yes, the "crazy" one seems to be the "freaky" one. Sharpness doesn't interest me in this caze, I got the zeiss c/y family for sharpness purposes.

I go now for the alu post war retro style-o-mat!!!!

Yeah baby!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Alu one, but pretty much only use it wide open. It's never a sharp lens but has character.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice for portraits too:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone here help me with this queston about the trioplan 2,8?

I have a Canon 5D Mark II - which one of these trioplan can I use?

I ask cause i saw you discussed about exakta and M42 amount? I thought I had to bye a adapter called M42 before i could use this lens? But do you mean that i can't do that? Or have I missunderstod? Smile

I'm looking at this lenses on Ebay and i'm really confused which one can fit on my camera. If anyone know, i would be very grateful for help!

Do you have any other example on lenses that gives crazy bokey? Or artistics?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Propellor - wonderful shot Smile

For a Canon EOS 5D II, you will need an M42 version. You will then need an M42 to Canon EOS adapter. I would recommend the silver (alu) version for maximum crazy bokeh! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tammy,

If you google "trioplan 100mm 5d II mirror clearance", you should get a plethora of results.

You will need a m42 or exakta to EF adapter. These come in varying quality, but you should be able to pick up a good one for less than $20 US.

-Ben

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for you kind help, BUT I'm really dumb about all this tecnich stuff that i need.

Do you have some links to any image of those things I must have to use it on my 5D Mark II. Cause if i understand you right, i need more then a adapter call M42? I'm I right?

is this adapter what i need? http://www.kaffebrus.com/adapter-m42-till-canon-eos-118.html Or do i need more, sorry i'm bad on this technic Smile)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that's the one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS Surprised)) No other things a need? Thanks a lot, you are great here Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two samples from my black zebra version. Both wide open - the sharpness is not too bad, but the contrast is very low (I improved it in PP)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here is mine!