Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 1.5/75 : I need some info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so too! Makes much more sense!
Any idea how much it would be worth??

Thx!

Kitson

Attila wrote:
+1 altered lens , but no matter be happy , not many people have it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitson306 wrote:
I would think so too! Makes much more sense!
Any idea how much it would be worth??

Thx!

Kitson

Attila wrote:
+1 altered lens , but no matter be happy , not many people have it!

Difficult to make an estimate, but I'd bet something between $600 and 1100

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after some more research, and talked to some old school camera guys here locally, they said it should be a T2 mount. Not sure where this leads..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitson306 wrote:
after some more research, and talked to some old school camera guys here locally, they said it should be a T2 mount. Not sure where this leads..

T2 (that's a more modern thing) would mean it can be adapted by cheap adapters to every SLR.

But I doubt that it is T2. T2 has a finer thread.
Anyway, there should be a camera shop somewhere with an old praktica or pentax to try if it is M42....

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's M42 when it fits into your EOS Adapter. As said T2 is also 42mm but has a finer thread and won't fit into your adapter.
so
+1 for altered lens, because theres no depth of field scale. I wonder who made this modification. I would say it's about 600-800€ worth if the glas is without haze and focus and aperture are not stiff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this mystery will never be solved.

The modification, T2 or M42, doesn't look like any aftermarket work. The metals on the top and bottom are similar in color and quality, also the age seems to match. There's no welding marks anywhere so the whole bottom must have been swapped.

I think there's more to it than just a hollow bottom as the elements seems to be sliding on rails on the inner size. this would make it extremely hard to mill out a bottom just for this.

Another old lens expert suggest it might have been a custom order lens for military use or a limited run for some gov't work, etc. But no way to tell, and no way to proof.

ForenSeil wrote:
It's M42 when it fits into your EOS Adapter. As said T2 is also 42mm but has a finer thread and won't fit into your adapter.
so
+1 for altered lens, because theres no depth of field scale. I wonder who made this modification. I would say it's about 600-800€ worth if the glas is without haze and focus and aperture are not stiff.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes