Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Tamron camera? Reply with quote

Anyone ever seen a photo of a Tamron camera? Adaptall-2 history section says "they weren't spectacular". Finding information with google is impossible due to the mass of "tamron camera lens" links.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron bought Bronica in the 90's and produced a rangefinder in 2000. I think it was still called a Bronica though - RF645

This link is interesting...

http://www.tamron.co.jp/en/60th/ayumi.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I just searched e*ay and there are about six of the 645's for sale- all at 500USD and up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about the early 50's cameras ..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I was thinking about the early 50's cameras ..

What early 50's cameras? Their corporate history does not mention cameras - my guess is that somebody at adaptall-2 once got mixed up between Taisei Kogaku Kogyo (Tamron) and Taisei Koki (of Welmy camera fame). Both share nothing but the name...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any connection between the Taisei Optical that became Tamron and the Taisei Optical that made the Welmy in the 50's and went on to become Konica?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, no.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I found a historical mystery. Because Adaptall-2.org can't be wrong. Cool Wink Very Happy

Quote:
What did Taisei Optical initially produce? Binoculars and cameras. The cameras weren't spectacular, but the binoculars were pretty good and sold well. Thus in 1952 Taisei Optical Equipment Manufacturing, Inc. was established with a venture capital of 2.5 million yen — a large amount of currency at the time.