Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I' m about to buy the famous Pentax/Cosmicar 25mm f 1.4 c-mount, but then i found that exist two version of it

one for 2/3" sensor, the other for 1"

I wish to buy the one that fits my m4/3 camera entirely, and for what I know is the 1" one, am I right?

I found a vendor who probabily has both the version, but then how I can discover which one is looking at them? (I already asked the vendor and he doesn't know)

they look like this:

one another like this:

and the last like this:

can somebody help me?

Last edited by adrios on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

adrios wrote:
Hi everyone!

I' m about to buy the famous Pentax/Cosmicar 25mm f 1.4 c-mount, but then i found that exist two version of it

I wish to buy the one that fits my m4/3 camera entirely, and for what I know is the 1" one, am I right?

I found a vendor who probabily has both the version, but then how I can discover which one is looking at them? (I already asked the vendor and he doesn't know)

they look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/gOAn1

can somebody help me?

Welcome to the forum,Sadly I don't know enough about C mount lenses,I am sure someone will help you eventually...you may want to browse this section of the forum until you get a reply.

Use the URL button to attach links not the code button,also your first post can not contain a link or image as its an anti spam measure.All should work now Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

mo wrote:
adrios wrote:
Hi everyone!

they look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/gOAn1

can somebody help me?

Welcome to the forum,Sadly I don't know enough about C mount lenses,I am sure someone will help you eventually...you may want to browse this section of the forum until you get a reply.

Use the URL button to attach links not the code button,also your first post can not contain a link or image as its an anti spam measure.All should work now Very Happy

thank you Smile

I went crazy trying to figure out why no images nor links was working, edited the post like 10 times :/ ended up using the code tag Very Happy

I already did a search in section and found this:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-c22525kp-25mm-f1-4-t47367,highlight,%2Bpentax+%2B25mm+%2Bf+%2B1+%2B4.html

that has been usefull thanks to this reply:
std wrote:
The ones for 2/3" are not good - they are ok if you use 6:6 aspect ratio only. On normal 4:3 you see the image circle.

but I still need to discover how the 1" version looks like

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have experience with this lens.
I have Schneider xenoplan 35/1,9 for 2/3" it has appearance similar to this

no rubber grip. and judging the rear optic, it protude, maybe it has vignette on m4/3. I guess this one is for 2/3"
not sure absolutely though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I dont have experience with this lens.
I have Schneider xenoplan 35/1,9 for 2/3" it has appearance similar to this

no rubber grip. and judging the rear optic, it protude, maybe it has vignette on m4/3. I guess this one is for 2/3"
not sure absolutely though

mmmh, may it depends in the back of the lens?

for example, this:

looks smaller than this:

could be the difference between a 1" lens mount and a 2/3"?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually only for smaller video camera sensors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, smaller optic for smaller sensor. I'm sure of that theory, specially from same factory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have no clue :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like the big one
i have the 2/3 version and it seems smaller in diameter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
it looks like the big one
i have the 2/3 version and it seems smaller in diameter

thank you for the answer!

do you mind sending some pictures of it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked mine lens and it turned it is a Fuji for 2/3" not Pentax.
The outside diameter is around 29mm. Here it is next to Cosmicar 1.8/50 for size comparison.
Not the same lens but you can get the idea.

If i can choose i would get the bigger lens (first 2 pics)