Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Big Chinonflex lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Big Chinonflex lens Reply with quote

This lens just sold on ebay, and while I've seen this lens branded with all sorts of names before e.g. Optomax, Prinz etc., I've never seen a ChinonFlex one:

Should I presume they bought it in from another manufacturer, or could Chinon possibly be responsible for making all these lenses? I've never tried the 400mm version, but I tried a fungused 300mm version branded Paragon (I think) and it was excellent, really sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, it seems to be a tokina made lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also looks like the one sold by Spiratone.

I don't think these were made by Tokina, but who knows.

Chinon didn't make lenses that I know of. Like Ricoh and so many others they seem to have rebranded other makers lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the early-mid 90's seeing literally piles of this type for sale in photo shops. Everyone was going for the 'new' long zooms.