Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mysterious circle on lens element
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Mysterious circle on lens element Reply with quote

When I look from the back through my Revuenon 55/1.4, under certain angles I see a strange sort of circular line. It was too hard too take a good picture of it, so I used Photoshop to illustrate this (the real line has smoother curves). Does anybody know what this might be?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the start of lens separation (?). If you take a flashlight and shine through that lens from the back a little bit from teh side while looking at the front against an otherwise dark background ("darkfield" for the microscopists), what do you see?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it could be the last residue of a condensation.
Have you experienced that causes a negative effect on IQ?
If not, I wouldn't mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Could be the start of lens separation (?). If you take a flashlight and shine through that lens from the back a little bit from teh side while looking at the front against an otherwise dark background ("darkfield" for the microscopists), what do you see?

You actually can see the line in the projection. Didn't see it on the pictures though....