Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RTS body C/Y mount disassembly ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Contax RTS body C/Y mount disassembly ? Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Smile

I just got a Contax RTS for a 20 euros as not working.
After inserting a battery, I found it works fine but only in manual mode. So I'm already happy.

I've found what's wrong : the aperture notification ring in the body's C/Y mount is loose and free. There should be a spring retaining it.

My question is : does anybody have repair or disassemble instructions to get to this level of the mount ring ?
I unscrewed the front silver screws, then the 3 copper screws but then I hesitate to continue to unscrew the other little screws I see.

Thx in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a Nikon, FA or FM2 i think, with this problem, and after removing the mount plate and spring/shim I could figure out where the missing spring used to be and install a replacement spring without further disassembly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gardener.
I did this but can't access the spring emplacement.
I wonder whether it could be in the upper part of the cam, which means I should disassemble the top.