Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film to digital using DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Film to digital using DSLR Reply with quote

Although i've done it, with some decent results, i get this blotchy patterns, does anyone know why?

I like the result -no doubt about it- it's like the 70s, but is the scanner the only way to get "perfect" results?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be something to do with the light source or the screen behind the film? What equpiment are you using?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the most basic/cheap/equipment, im putting the film over a canson special white paper (could be the pattern source) sandwiched on 2 crystals, over it another crystal where i put my camera on top with a macro lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, with a lamp below it, i use a fluorescent bulb as the light source.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a20010494 wrote:
I'm using the most basic/cheap/equipment, im putting the film over a canson special white paper (could be the pattern source) sandwiched on 2 crystals, over it another crystal where i put my camera on top with a macro lens.

That's the reason - you're shining the light through the paper. If you have the paper some distance away from the film and direct the light onto the paper from the front (that is, not through the paper) I think it will help a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez, thanks, ill try this again!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boys, i got the vintage look i was craving for!

Ah- now i got this weird patterns all over the image, but i dont mind about them, i guess its probably the air between the crystals and the film?