Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cosmicar 8.5mm f/1.5 on m4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: cosmicar 8.5mm f/1.5 on m4/3? Reply with quote

I saw one for sale and wondered if that's interesting for m4/3.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: 8mm lenses Reply with quote

I have a few. The problem in knowing what to buy is that the sensor is 4/3. Very few CCtv lenses were made for that size sensor. So try to get one for a one inch sensor. At a pinch, 2/3 lenses will do. But there will be a lot of vignetting and the coverage will mean a pic of 3-4megapixels only. The central part of the sensor only will be covered. Some lenses will do better than others.
Buy only if under $20 and have fun trying it out. Sell on telling the buyer what you could see?
Have fun above all!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 25mm 1.4 coming in the mail. Will let you know, keep your fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get that 25mm yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one,

you need to machine the mount part to fit it to your adapter

very heavy vignette, but fun

cheers,
tommy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would expect lots of vignetting using ANY c mount lens under 25mm--so much so i think many might consider them pretty unusable except for trying to achieve a very specific effect. i wouldnt pay more than 20-30$ if that much!

OT, i just received the 75/1.4 and i like it very much, tho its bigger/heavier than expected...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our local m4/3 group bought and tried a couple of c mounts as large as 108mm, and we find the Pentax 25mm f1.4 is the best for m4/3. it is however a new lens not used, so the price is higher but it does come with a year's warranty.