Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cosmicar 8.5mm f/1.5 on m4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: cosmicar 8.5mm f/1.5 on m4/3? Reply with quote

I saw one for sale and wondered if that's interesting for m4/3.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: 8mm lenses Reply with quote

I have a few. The problem in knowing what to buy is that the sensor is 4/3. Very few CCtv lenses were made for that size sensor. So try to get one for a one inch sensor. At a pinch, 2/3 lenses will do. But there will be a lot of vignetting and the coverage will mean a pic of 3-4megapixels only. The central part of the sensor only will be covered. Some lenses will do better than others.
Buy only if under $20 and have fun trying it out. Sell on telling the buyer what you could see?
Have fun above all!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 25mm 1.4 coming in the mail. Will let you know, keep your fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get that 25mm yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one,

you need to machine the mount part to fit it to your adapter

very heavy vignette, but fun

cheers,
tommy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would expect lots of vignetting using ANY c mount lens under 25mm--so much so i think many might consider them pretty unusable except for trying to achieve a very specific effect. i wouldnt pay more than 20-30$ if that much!

OT, i just received the 75/1.4 and i like it very much, tho its bigger/heavier than expected...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our local m4/3 group bought and tried a couple of c mounts as large as 108mm, and we find the Pentax 25mm f1.4 is the best for m4/3. it is however a new lens not used, so the price is higher but it does come with a year's warranty.