Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

N.P.S. Rev Ring and Extension Tubes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: N.P.S. Rev Ring and Extension Tubes Reply with quote

This collection of close up equipment came in a package deal.
IIRC, they came with the Nikkormat FT-N.

This seems to work with every lens I've mounted with it.
Use is pretty straight-forward. The lens side is threaded to 52mm male screw-in filter size,
and the camera side is basic pre-AI Nikon F...
The mount flange on this clears the AI indexing tab on the F-3 by a wide margin.

It is very well machined and finished.

Mounted on 28mm f3.5 Nikkor AIs here.

On the F-3 here. Focus zone is short. A tripod would be an excellent idea here.
It actually works with every lens I've tried. The longer the focal length of the lens,
the harder it becomes to find the zone of focus.
Depth of field is very shallow wide open. Aperture is obviously independent of the camera, and metering is stop-down.

Four piece extension tube set. The "to camera" mount plate does not have a stop pin on the bayonet. It does have a hole for the camera's locking pin, but must be slowly, and carefully, aligned.
I have to let go of the lens release button once the adapter is started onto the camera.

There's the entire stack on the F-3 with the afore-mentioned 28mm f3.5.

There is no aperture control with this set either.

I don't use this equipment much. I'm one of those tripod averse types that has to be dragged kicking and screaming into making quality images. Wink

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, never seen those!