Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Zoom Master 35-70mm f2.8-f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Sigma Zoom Master 35-70mm f2.8-f4 Reply with quote

I got this lens with a camera body , lens is fungused a bit + aperture stuck at wide open.

I thought this is a nice door stop only and perhaps I will throw out or I will disassemble it to study how a zoom lens is built.

I did make a series with 35 and 70mm positions naturally all shoots are wide open.

Please click on each images if you would like to see higher resolution also (1600px)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,

Did your lens look like this?

[/quote]

I would like confirmation that this Prakticar lens was made by Sigma. I've only tested stopped down but it is a good performer.

Thanks

Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Sigma 35-70 f2.8-4 for a while, it was combo with an Olympus OM-10.

It was surprisingly sharp on my Olympus E-3 but I constantly felt that there was something missing.

The colours were a bit dull and the bokeh was uninteresting.
CA was a problem wide open but stopped down it was better.

Overall, it would probably make an adequate standard zoom lens on a budget for a film camera if you needed f/2.8 but that's all.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:
I had a Sigma 35-70 f2.8-4 for a while, it was combo with an Olympus OM-10.

It was surprisingly sharp on my Olympus E-3 but I constantly felt that there was something missing.

The colours were a bit dull and the bokeh was uninteresting.
CA was a problem wide open but stopped down it was better.

Overall, it would probably make an adequate standard zoom lens on a budget for a film camera if you needed f/2.8 but that's all.

The few tests I have done on my EPL1 have been f5.6 and f8. I found the lens to be sharp and found little evidence of colour fringing. But I do agree the colours were dull.

I only bought it for the cheap lens challenge and was surprised at how good it was. The seller reckoned it was made by Sigma and I was curious to know if he was right.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain that lens was made by Sigma, as were many of the Pentacon Prakticar labelled zooms.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, It's an average lens to street's candids, or portraits at home with flash.

Don't find interesant color rendering, nor special bokeh.

Should be nice to take pics at the school, or at the club.

Rino.