Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian Helios 103 50/1.8 Contax/Kiev RF mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Russian Helios 103 50/1.8 Contax/Kiev RF mount Reply with quote

Is it possible to adapt this lens on the Panny G1?

Thx! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think you need an adapter like this:

Click here to see on Ebay

Someone else can confirm it?

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to be

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best right now seems to be the Amadeo one. He is selling them faster than he can make them, they are usually gone a day or two after they've been posted on ebay - you'll have to keep a close eye on his ebay shop at http://myworld.ebay.com/amedeo.m/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably the lens it will not satisfy you.
And the adapters are not cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has an excellent reputation, and is also very cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helios is excellent and cheap, but the adapter is complex and correspondingly expensive - there are cheaper ways to achieve effectively the same result.

M42 CZJ Biotar normals go for about 60€ rather than the 20€ for a Helios (which is a Biotar clone). However the Contax adapter is more than a hundred € more expensive than a M42:MFT one - so in total, the adapted Helios runs up to almost twice the price.

And it is hard to spread the expense on the adapter across many lenses, unless you specialize in Contax/Kiev/Nikon RF collecting. There are few additional focal lengths suitable for adaptation, as the wides can't be adapted for technical reasons, and many of the longer lenses are high-price collectors items that fetch three to five times the price of the same optical module in a SLR mount (there is no desirable long RF Nikkor that was not also made in F mount).

Sevo

Last edited by Sevo on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get your point, and it makes sense. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

seems to be

Thanks. What is the reason for not being able to achieve infinity focus with this adapter for FL of 50mm or less?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

Thanks. What is the reason for not being able to achieve infinity focus with this adapter for FL of 50mm or less?

The Roxsen adapter is a outer bayonet only adapter. That is, it cannot focus 50mm lenses at all (with the notable exception of the Kiev 5 normals), as regular Contax mount normals have no focusing helicoid. They attach to the inner bayonet and are focused using the camera integral helicoid.

Wide lenses use the outer bayonet, but cannot be used with MFT, as they are both too deep for digital and too wide for the MFT mount width. I.e. that adapter can only be used with long lenses - which Contax, Kiev and Nikon made in 85 and 135mm. Plus a Nikkor 105mm, a few third-party Japanese 105 and 135's, and a variety of original and third party mirror box teles beyond 135mm, if you dare to enter the less useful and more collectible terrain.

As I said: Wait until Amadeo has one on sale again - he currently is the only one to make a direct Contax/MFT adapter capable of focusing the normals.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
stingOM wrote:

The Roxsen adapter is a outer bayonet only adapter. That is, it cannot focus 50mm lenses at all (with the notable exception of the Kiev 5 normals), as regular Contax mount normals have no focusing helicoid. They attach to the inner bayonet and are focused using the camera integral helicoid.

Wide lenses use the outer bayonet, but cannot be used with MFT, as they are both too deep for digital and too wide for the MFT mount width. I.e. that adapter can only be used with long lenses - which Contax, Kiev and Nikon made in 85 and 135mm. Plus a Nikkor 105mm, a few third-party Japanese 105 and 135's, and a variety of original and third party mirror box teles beyond 135mm, if you dare to enter the less useful and more collectible terrain.

As I said: Wait until Amadeo has one on sale again - he currently is the only one to make a direct Contax/MFT adapter capable of focusing the normals.

Sevo

Thanks for the cludo Sevo. I had no idea about that until now!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo is living lexicon ! Many thanks to share your knowledge here!