Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8 NB (for Kiev-5) adapted to A7.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-8 NB (for Kiev-5) adapted to A7. Reply with quote

Hi,

Here is some photos made with this lens made by Arsenal for the Kiev-5 (low production). Only 2 lenses were produced in serial for this camera : Jupiter-8 NB and Helios-94 (Test of the Helios-94 on this forum here).

Firstly, the lens itself (adapted)

And some samples... this is not the best Jupiter-8 I have ever seen. Maybe bad copy and Arsenal got problems to produce this lens.

The "bokeh" shots are wide open, other have gently closed aperture.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is nice some real 3d pop to them looks superb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots
I still have two helios 103 and a J8 waiting for an adapter for my A7. I have some Kiev bodies to try to build a DIY adapter.
Do you have some detail about yours and how it was made?
I wonder if the Kiev J8 are better than the Zorki ones. They seems to have a better construction?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:

I still have two helios 103 and a J8 waiting for an adapter for my A7. I have some Kiev bodies to try to build a DIY adapter.

I'm gonna make a DIY adapter for Contax RF mount too. I've already compared a few online guides/tutorials and this one seems to be the easiest one for me: http://ussrlens.com/adaptation/adapter-contax-rf

A M39 adapter with removable inner 39mm screw part and with three centering screws can surely hold the Cotnax bayonet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
memetph wrote:

I'm gonna make a DIY adapter for Contax RF mount too. I've already compared a few online guides/tutorials and this one seems to be the easiest one for me: http://ussrlens.com/adaptation/adapter-contax-rf

A M39 adapter with removable inner 39mm screw part and with three centering screws can surely hold the Cotnax bayonet.

If you remove the inner 39mm screw part, then you will have a problem : The focus ring with fall if you try to close focus.
The best solution is to keep the 39mm screw part, but to trim it in order to let the Kiev/Contax bayonet go into. Then you'll have to make 4 holes in the 39mm screw part. 3 holes to put screw that will maintain the ring, and 1 for a screw which will block to focus ring (to avoid it to fall).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
If you remove the inner 39mm screw part, then you will have a problem : The focus ring with fall if you try to close focus.

You mean there is no retention mechanism that would prevent the inner bayonet going past the 0.9 m mark, right? I haven't disassembled the donor body yet, so I don't know details.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

You mean there is no retention mechanism that would prevent the inner bayonet going past the 0.9 m mark, right? I haven't disassembled the donor body yet, so I don't know details.

That's right. That's a bit hard to explain, but without the inner 39mm ring, it's very hard to make it work properly and stop it at 0.9. But if you know it, it's not a big deal, just don't try macro photo Smile .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your help.

Is there any difference in quality between a J8 Kiev and a J8 L39 ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid presentation Pierre, loved the colors and bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
y wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

That's right. That's a bit hard to explain, but without the inner 39mm ring, it's very hard to make it work properly and stop it at 0.9. But if you know it, it's not a big deal, just don't try macro photo Smile .

You can make a stop, but if it comes out it will just as easily go back in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Splendid presentation Pierre, loved the colors and bokeh.

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fun lens to me!