Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[CONTEST] AUTUMN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: [CONTEST] AUTUMN Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right, used, perused and abused, the unavoidable Autumn contest is here, too.

I thought that perhaps not all members are comfortable with the concept challenges, and a more traditional thematic contest could meet more enthusiasm.

At least, I have avoided the total banality by omitting the also unavoidable "colours" from the topic title. So yes, you can shoot autumn colours, but you don't have to - you can also submit Autumn monochromes - and, in a way, that's perhaps quite challenging the idea of trying to beat lusciously coloured autumn images with spartan Black-&-Whites.

So you are invited to submit your Autumn pictures. The contest will end on November, 30 and in the following days we will vote for the winner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I start the ball rolling? I was on my way to work one day 2 years ago, and this picture caught my eye and forced me to stop the car and get the camera out. This was in the days before I started using manual lenses and this was taken with the kit lens on the 300D I'd borrowed at the time, so I don't want it to be a contender in the contest.

This scene is typical of the Beech woods in the Chilterns where I live. I am standing on a grass bank at the side of the road and behind me is the grounds of Chequers, the Prime Minister's country residence.

Even before Orio started this contest I was intending to take lots of autumn pictures using my new medium format camera, so I hope you will see more of this beautiful scenery in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,Wow,Wow! Perfect capture! What a pretty area!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entries:

_

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Orio Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
Nice shots Orio Smile

Thanks Naplam Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: [CONTEST] AUTUMN Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Yeah, that's right, used, perused and abused, the unavoidable Autumn contest is here, too.

I thought that perhaps not all members are comfortable with the concept challenges, and a more traditional thematic contest could meet more enthusiasm.

At least, I have avoided the total banality by omitting the also unavoidable "colours" from the topic title. So yes, you can shoot autumn colours, but you don't have to - you can also submit Autumn monochromes - and, in a way, that's perhaps quite challenging the idea of trying to beat lusciously coloured autumn images with spartan Black-&-Whites.

So you are invited to submit your Autumn pictures. The contest will end on November, 30 and in the following days we will vote for the winner.

Orio,
I'll have to wait for a couple or three weeks more to allow the Fall arriving here. We're still in summer... Past weekend I went to the beach and I was swimming into the sea... A pity not to have those nice colours around yet!. Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My entries are all shot this week. From a 3 days hike into the Swedish woods.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumns:

_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to offer the following from the past week or so here in Southern Oregon:

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! They are so so excellent ! Better to not sending anything by me.. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn is still long, Attila. Don't give up! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two shots from my local village green this morning.
Flek 2.4/35 at f8 on 440D. Untweaked apart from size.

1 - 1/500 at 100 ISO (with -1 Exp Comp.)
In winter, if we get any snow this year, this scene will be full of people with sleds, toboggans, snowboards, skis and anything else they can slide about on Smile

2- 1/320 at 200 ISO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lahnet & Patrick, I missed you photos while I was away and they didn't show up as unread for some reason. Absolutely beautiful, all of them. You both live in such wonderful countryside. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
Lovely portrayals of autumn - see it wasn't so hard was it?

@Peter

Thank you for the kind words. As a Brit I well remember some glorious countryside in the UK, just different here. Oregon and Washington (State) are actually pretty well kept secrets even in the US, especially from the Eastern seaboard. Some of the most spectacular scenery you could wish for - mountains, forests, deserts, seashore, the whole kit and caboodle.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes those Ginkgos are beautiful !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
see it wasn't so hard was it?

Simple luck , nice subjects , nice lights ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!