Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay tip: when it's not quite what you expected....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Ebay tip: when it's not quite what you expected.... Reply with quote

I know, I've been posting too much, but this forum has been such a help here's something that might save you money--- those that haven't ever tried it.

On several occasions the lens I got from ebay, either by auction or buy it now, is good enough to keep--- but not as good as described.

Usually my ebay lenses are quite good---better than I get from keh or adorma, but not always.

3 times this has happened since my great binge began in september.

Each time I write a nice note, TY for shipping fast, I like the lens, I want to keep it, but it's not what you described. MY FEEDBACK WOULD HAVE TO REFLECT THIS. I don't actually use caps, hehe.

However if you would agree to a partial refund to reflect the actual condition, I would be 100% satisfied.

The key is to be fair. I never ask for more than 25% of the cost. e.g my little 100mm canon was cosmetically perfect, glass clear, aperture working, but focus twist uneven due to old grease. I paid 215--over market value by about 20%. I asked for 40 to help pay for CLA.

No problem, thank you for resolving it this way. That has been the answer every time.

For all the bashing of ebay, most sellers are very paranoid of anything less than about 97% positive.

Most of you prolly know this, but maybe it will save somebody a buck or two.

all the best

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should've posted this in Buyers sources section

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
you should've posted this in Buyers sources section

Done!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry TY for setting me straight Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an issue with a seller who was beind a tad greedy on shipping which I stated with a request to retract a bid. Lets just say that with his refusal to retract my bid was a kindly reminder that his feedback would include customer satisfaction comments and feedback. Fine, he decided that as I'd bid I should honour my bid, no problem, I reciprocated with an appropriate comment and level of feedback that I felt the seller deserve which he was of the naive belief that Ebay would withdraw.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay doesn't withdraw anything even if you (or me, being the seller in this case) can prove that the negative feedback was not justified ... just my experience