Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Supporting Member program starts now
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Supporting Member program starts now Reply with quote

PLEASE RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IF IT IS EXPIRED ! You can found expire date bellow your avatar, many thanks!

Attila

Dear friends,
as you could notice in the last few days, the situation with the forum hosting has come to a point where we needed to make a decision. So we did. We will move this forum to a dedicated server, that will be able to handle all the current traffic, and more. A decision necessary, because this forum, which started as a forum of friends with about 10 people or so in the first weeks, has remained a forum of friends, but now we're thousands.

Starting from now, we open subscriptions to the Supporting Member program. In a nutshell, you can help this forum paying for the new hosting server by becoming a Supporting Member, for a yearly fee of 25 USD.
What are the advantages of being a Supporting Member? None. Yes, no privileges, except for the pride of being able to say to helped the most important manual focus lenses forum in the world to survive. And, well, maybe Attila will find a way to put a "Supporting Member" writing under our avatars.

Those that will choose not to partecipate will only take the good part without the bitter pill. The subscription to the forum is and will remain completely free; all forum functions, including the ability to sell in the marketplace, will still be available to the Basic (i.e. non paying) Members at no costs. And they will enjoy the higher speed and performance just like the paying members. This is because the of the generosity of Attila, who decided that even selling in the Marketplace will remain a free privilege, with no subscription costs and no shares on the sales.

But, I hope, that many will decide to help us never the less. They say that the truest love is the one without an interest. Now you have a chance to prove it! Very Happy

Those who would like to become Supporting Members, please send 25 USD to Attila. (Pls use donation button on top left side)

The subscription is open from now; you can start subscribing, and your subscription will be valid for one year from the day you subscribe.

Given the high cost of the new server, we will not be able to migrate the forum until we have a minimum of 30 paying Supporting Members. So start now, the faster you do it, the sooner we will have a new, shining, and lighting-fast forum to enjoy.

Thank you for your support!

Orio
Admin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with this setup. It is voluntary, but no one is penalized for not subscribing, and subscribers aren't rewarded. So no ugly elitism coming up etc. It is much more egalitarian.

So subscription paid Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rukmeister wrote:
I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with this setup. It is voluntary, but no one is penalized for not subscribing, and subscribers aren't rewarded. So no ugly elitism coming up etc. It is much more egalitarian.

So subscription paid Very Happy

Good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision...! Subs on the way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Orio, that was beautifully said.
May I pay by installments? I'm not kidding.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Well Orio, that was beautifully said.
May I pay by installments? I'm not kidding.

No problem for me, but it's Attila who handles the money and will pay the new provider, so maybe let's hear from him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I cannot tell you how the knowledge here has helped me. Money just sent.

Take care.
Darren

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rukmeister wrote:
So no ugly elitism coming up etc. It is much more egalitarian.

Geez, that's a really good way of putting it. I've been trying to put into words what I don't like about other forums that have subscriptions and a two-tiered membership base. With most of them, I simply don't frequent them enough to justify subscribing, and I don't like the feeling I get or the restrictions I run into because of this.

I think that Attila's egalitarian approach speaks volumes with regard to his generosity. As the Yiddish might say, Attila is a mensch. Truly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub on way Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent my contribution, so count me in! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I want to be a supporting member for this great site. Done. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am a supporter too. Payment just now made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the way for now, let´s do immediately

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just paid.

However, this is not enough for me.
I also want to help in the migration process.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done with love Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all of you!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also contributed with a PayPal donation, I dearly wish to see this forum continue as a knowledge resource.

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a few more supporter and we will be really fine, many thanks for all of you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My contribution has gone ..... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned many things and met "virtually" for now great people here, so i'll suscribe as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is sent too. It had been too long since my last contribution so great timing Smile The amount of information and commaraderie we get from the forum is invaluable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's done with great pleasure.
With all my friendly greetings and thanks for havieng created this awesome site !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 just now... keep up the great work Attila!