Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon TV Zoom 17-102 F2 on an NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Canon TV Zoom 17-102 F2 on an NEX Reply with quote

I tested it on NEX and now I'm selling it on Ebay.de.
Picture are telling more than thousand words:

17mm, F16

??mm, F?

17mm, F16

It's not possible to focus correctly at this focal length on nex, so you have to use F16

102mm, F2.8

This long focal length might be intersting on MFT, as it's pretty sharp in the centre and has F2@102mm.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I just purchased this lens from ebay very cheap in order to use it on my NEX, the vignetting is bad but with 14mp to play with it could be useful in some situations I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you may buy a Panasonic, this might be much more usable? Particularly for video as their digital zoom modes give good results and will avoid vignette.

If you can sell it for what you paid, best to let it go as it is not very fast.

It is also one of the heavier zooms, but that length at F2!

If you want a cheap laugh, this would probably not vignette on the Pentax Q either and would give 35mm equivalent lengths of 90-540mm at F2 .....

Sure you want to sell?????? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of getting this lens for my µ4/3 camera after reading a great review of it .. but the review was almost 2 years old and these lenses are selling for too much now.