Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The big Soligor thread!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's two more - a Soligor 2.8/135mm with rather decent performance, and a 3.5/55-135mm. Both lenses are well made (though not on par with contemporary Minolta lenses). The 55-135mm performs pretty poorly, but that was not unusual for a zoom in the 1965-1970 time frame: neither the Nikkor 43-86mm nor the Minolta 3.5/80-160mm were really better.

I got these to lenses for next to nothing, and they nicely fit into my small collection of Soligor lenses from the late 1960s / early 1970s.

S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the Soligor 135mm F2s a moment, were any of the F2s multi-coated? All the copies I have seen have had single-coating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterb wrote:
Going back to the Soligor 135mm F2s a moment, were any of the F2s multi-coated? All the copies I have seen have had single-coating.

Since I bought my 135 f/2 a few years ago, I've kept a casual eye on ebay listings for that lens. I've seen serial numbers from only 1974 and 1975 (174... or 175...). And among the lenses I've seen, none were marked "MC" or "Multi-Coated".

But this 1974 ad from Popular Photography magazine says Soligor C/D lenses were multi-coated (click on the ad to see a larger version):

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Whenever I look at these lenses they look very flat in photographs as though they are single-coated. Really need to get one to test and see how they flare!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I registered just now but I've been checking this forum for a while.
I would really appreciate your contribute on two things:

1. I've seen you talking about Soligor 28mm f/2.8 and I looked for all the amazing database you all made but I still can't figure out when this lens was produced. Also, I figured with the serial number it's made by Tokina, is it correct?
Written on the front of the lens: SOLIGOR WIDE-AUTO 1 : 2.8 f = 28 mm 58⌀ NO.17321704
Aperture: 2.8 - 16
Blades: 8
Min focus distance: 0.3m / 1ft
Mount: P / M42
Present a M/A switch

2. I scrolled pretty much all the pages but didn't seem to find anyone talking about a Soligor lens I own. I would like to know more in general about this lens and expecially the productor (Tokina, etc) and the year of built.
Written on the front of the lens: MC SOLIGOR C7D ZOOM+MACRO 28 ~ 70MM 1:2.8~4.2 ⌀72 No.9859235
Aperture: 2.8 - 22
Blades: 6
Min focus distance: (0.15m macro) 0.5m/ 1.75ft
Mount: M/MD

I'll attach pictures but I also wrote all the info above, in case something goes wrong with them.
Here's the photos: https://files.fm/u/xzzyyasv7

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I know they're nothing special, but does anyone knows how much are they worth?

Last edited by _e_a_ on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_e_a_ wrote:
Hello, I registered just now but I've been checking this forum for a while.
I would really appreciate your contribute on two things:

1. I've seen you talking about Soligor 28mm f/2.8 and I looked for all the amazing database you all made but I still can't figure out when this lens was produced. Also, I figured with the serial number it's made by Tokina, is it correct?
Written on the front on the lens: SOLIGOR WIDE-AUTO 1 : 2.8 f = 28 mm 58⌀ NO.17321704
Aperture: 2.8 - 16
Blades: 8
Min focus distance: 0.3m / 1ft
Mount: P / M42
Present a M/A switch

Tokina made

_e_a_ wrote:

2. I scrolled pretty much all the pages but didn't seem to find anyone talking about a Soligor lens I own. I would like to know more in general about this lens and expecially the productor (Tokina, etc) and the year of built.
Written on the front on the lens: MC SOLIGOR C7D ZOOM+MACRO 28 ~ 70MM 1:2.8~4.2 ⌀72 No.9859235
Aperture: 2.8 - 22
Blades: 6
Min focus distance: (0.15m macro) 0.5m/ 1.75ft
Mount: M/MD

Kobori (Tefnon..) made

_e_a_ wrote:

I'll attach pictures but I also wrote all the info above, in case something goes wrong with them.
Here's the photos: https://files.fm/u/xzzyyasv7
Thank you in advance!

you are welcome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_e_a_ wrote:

EDIT: I know they're nothing special, but does anyone knows how much are they worth?

Welcome! As far as value, it seems they both are in the neighborhood of $30 USD as of this post from a cursory glance at some sold eBay listing (as well as what you can readily buy a copy for). So not much. I seem to recall owning one of those 28/2.8 lenses and found it to be a pretty competent lens. Not a resounding endorsement, but it wasn't a dog either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
_e_a_ wrote:

Welcome! As far as value, it seems they both are in the neighborhood of $30 USD as of this post from a cursory glance at some sold eBay listing (as well as what you can readily buy a copy for). So not much. I seem to recall owning one of those 28/2.8 lenses and found it to be a pretty competent lens. Not a resounding endorsement, but it wasn't a dog either.

The 28/70 can be found from 15$ !
https://www.ebay.com/sch/3323/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%28%2228-70%22%2C%2228%2F70%22%29+4.2+-sigma&_sop=15

Knowing usual quality of kobori lenses , i presume that the iq of the zoom (~15 years younger) is better than the old tokina's 28mm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this lens whilst browsing the ShopGoodwill site this morning. It is a 300mm F/6.9 lens, which is generally thought to be a Taisei/Tamron made lens, however, while very similar, this one has a 'No.N' prefix, which seems odd.

Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/147144610

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I remotely bought a Soligor 180/3.5 and in a few days I will have it . The same seller also has a Soligor 35mm f2.8 (M42 thread) Someone had to deal with this 35mm ? I did not understand the M42 is the shank or is it also on the T2 baynet ?

He also has a Soligor 200.4.5 (12 diaphragm lobes) M42. I didn't find any information either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 180 / 3.5 is probably the same lens as my Hanimex branded lens, and is a very good lens, it's one of my most used M42 lenses on my A7II. I like the 180 length, and the lens is plenty sharp with few vices that can't be fixed in a few moment of processing.

That version of the 35 / 2.8 was possibly one of the worst lenses I've ever had, it was a dreadful performer, and then it literally fell apart when I was using it. I threw the bits in the nearest bin and didn't miss it one bit. It might have been a bad copy? I have got a different 2.8 version - and a 3.5 - and they are OK, not great, just OK.

The 200 / 4.5 I have in Tokina and Sun versions which are very different and definitly not the same lens, the Tokina No 167**** is a good lens, the Sun N0 289*** I have not tried yet. I also have another Hanimex 200 / 4.5 No H706** that I think is the same as the Tokina, and as good, it weighs and looks about the same - the Sun lens is a lot lighter. I shall try it soon, I've had it for months.

I like my Soligors, I think I have about 28 at the moment - mostly the chrome eared versions. I find them to be mostly a bit above average and some that are very good. And a few that are just plain rubbish, but it is a few. The 180 and the 200 should be in the good to very good region.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
The same seller also has a Soligor 35mm f2.8 (M42 thread) Someone had to deal with this 35mm ? I did not understand the M42 is the shank or is it also on the T2 baynet ?

Hi Sergun. I have a Soligor 2.8/35mm wide auto and it's a nice lens.

I made a comparison with a CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm
@f2.8

@f8

@f16

Have a nice day.
Olivier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Soligor 180/3.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween in Russia, no place is exempt it seems.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Halloween in Russia, no place is exempt it seems.

For the whole evening I met only these two guys (I didn't even know that yesterday was Halloween) According to the lens: Requires strong refinement. Very strong chromatics, illumination (in half of the cases at least) Of the advantages: price , weight for these focal points.

p/s I'm waiting for Sigma to roll out its compact contemporary 180/3.5))

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a pic of the lens please? I believe there are at least 2 versions. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Do you have a pic of the lens please? I believe there are at least 2 versions. Thanks.

There is a picture above.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Missed it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 180/3.5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rCMwzvf16NTBUqqK9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another iteration of a Sun made soligor without the Chrome ears:

Photos from a seller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soligor 180/3.5
urban ninja by Сергей Пашнин, on Flickr