Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A persistent fixing link post?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: A persistent fixing link post? Reply with quote

I was wondering, if in this forum, one of the glued top posts should contain links that are only of importance for people who try to fix and repair they camera equipment?

In another forum (or two) I posted this link and got no feedback, even though I think it is an awsome site (with google translators assistance for non-chinese speakers), so I kind of assumed that it wasn't noticed at all, whoich is a pity, since the site is worth it's weight in gold:

http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/lensdiy.htm

Click on the DIY-button just below the visotor counter to see all the brands and the just pick Carl Zeiss Jena or other interesting one and you'll see many lenses being opened up and given new life.

Many lens diagrams there too withing the service stories.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures of disassembled items can be indeed useful as reference. Unfortunately the google translated text doesn't make much of a sense to me. Anyway thanks for sharing. I bookmarked it, you'll never know Smile

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
The pictures of disassembled items can be indeed useful as reference. Unfortunately the google translated text doesn't make much of a sense to me. Anyway thanks for sharing. I bookmarked it, you'll never know Smile

Cheers, M.

The translation can be hilliarious at times, but for example changing the translation 'mirror' into 'lens' or 'glass' helps to make more sense Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't support DIY conversions, I saw enough crappy conversion and completely ruined lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my own Photo DIY Directory would help too:
http://4photos.de/camera-diy/index-en.html

At the moment I have not all of the bigeye links included - that site is still waiting like some hunderts other sites to bee full included into my database.

In the Englisch language version are ~ 1700 links at the moment, in the German version are some more, that still needed to be revisited and translated.

Attila, for the lens surgery contra butchery conversion discussion:
I try at the moment to convert lenses reversibel - if possible. I did that with my Canon FD 300/2.8L and a Canon FD 500/4.5L.
My FD 85/1.2L is in the conversion process. I think I can do that reversible too.
At the moment I am waiting for a further white Canon lens to convert it reversibel.
I think my current conversion documentations are clear enough, to help others with reversible lens conversions.
Other documentations only show the result, and describe what was done with a bit text. But noting about the main problems.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Probably my own Photo DIY Directory would help too:
http://4photos.de/camera-diy/index-en.html

At the moment I have not all of the bigeye links included - that site is still waiting like some hunderts other sites to bee full included into my database.

Very nice collection, much appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I don't support DIY conversions, I saw enough crappy conversion and completely ruined lenses.

How about DIY repair and lubing? Where is the line drawn? After all, much of the same guidance is needed for both.

Anyhow, regarding my own conversions (well, only one so far), it is irrelevant wether the conversion can be reversed or not as will never sell such a lens. At the moment my 300/4 is still lacking aperture control, and infinity, but only because I've not had the energy and need to fix them. I guess once the winter sets in, I'll finnish the job properly.