Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 52BB 2.5/90 Macro - damn spacer ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 52BB 2.5/90 Macro - damn spacer ring Reply with quote

I just received a tamron sp 52bb macro. It was in overall good shape, but it had a very tiny spot of what it could have been fungus just on the inside of the front element. It looked pretty straightforward, so I removed the front ring and a retainer ring, the front elements popped out, and I cleaned the fungus straight away. Now I have a stupid problem in reassembling it, though. Together with the front element, when I removed the retainer ring, a thick cemeneted two-elements group and a spacer ring came out too, and now I can't figure out where the spacer ring was placed. It looks like it should go in after I put the cemented doublet in its place, but then I can't screw in the front retaining ring. Does anybody have experience with this lens?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out, the second element wasn't going in deep enough because of a slight misalignement.
everything's ok now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
That's good news :D

Indeed, especially because the lens is perfectly clean now, and, from the first quick snaps, it looks extremely sharp :D