Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 52BB 2.5/90 Macro - damn spacer ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 52BB 2.5/90 Macro - damn spacer ring Reply with quote

I just received a tamron sp 52bb macro. It was in overall good shape, but it had a very tiny spot of what it could have been fungus just on the inside of the front element. It looked pretty straightforward, so I removed the front ring and a retainer ring, the front elements popped out, and I cleaned the fungus straight away. Now I have a stupid problem in reassembling it, though. Together with the front element, when I removed the retainer ring, a thick cemeneted two-elements group and a spacer ring came out too, and now I can't figure out where the spacer ring was placed. It looks like it should go in after I put the cemented doublet in its place, but then I can't screw in the front retaining ring. Does anybody have experience with this lens?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out, the second element wasn't going in deep enough because of a slight misalignement.
everything's ok now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
That's good news :D

Indeed, especially because the lens is perfectly clean now, and, from the first quick snaps, it looks extremely sharp :D