Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron Viv Srs 1 105mm 2.5 macro - Few Examples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Kiron Viv Srs 1 105mm 2.5 macro - Few Examples Reply with quote

Have owned the Kiron made Vivitar Series 1 105mm 2.5 for a few months, figured I could show some examples for those interested in the lens.

1st - It mounted on my EPL1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to sharing these great pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great color, sharpness, bokeh... what more?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your shots very much. Makes me want to get more from my copy of this lens.

Did you use flash for any of those pics? (EXIF says no, but the light looks very good, esp. on #1 and #3). What aperture was used on these shots?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this lens. ('Cool')

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks everyone for your comments. It is really the sharpest lens I have owned (my Canon ef-s 60mm macro was close), and renders a very smooth bokeh.

@symphonic - I did not use flash on any of these shots. and i don't know exactly the aperture on these since i always forget to take notes when shooting and its not written into the EXIF, but I shoot often between f8 and f11.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious images, serious lens! Thanks much for your post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great capture, top quality!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images. I have always loved the industrial design of this lens! It really is something to behold. And better yet, extremely functional!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1. nice picture Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again everyone for your kind words.

this really is one my most fortunate lens purchases. i had all but given up on getting one of these for a reasonable price, and was planning to get the also very nice 90 2.5, but i got lucky and found the FD mount version of this for a price that still shocks me Very Happy

and it exceeded my expectations in optics and build quality. just can't ask for more in a macro.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice series, but #1 is just... Shocked