Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta and stop down meter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Minolta and stop down meter Reply with quote

I need the help of minolta fan guys.

Is there any Minolta reflex cam (Srt, XG, XD series) that do the meterinbg in stop down system, to use another brand lenses, like takumar or nikkor, with camera metering?

Thanks in advance.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the metercoupling on the aperture ring on a lens is absent any of the manual focusing (MC/MD) Minolta cameras has TTL metering working with stopped down aperture. Just like the old preset Rokkor lenses. The Minolta M42adapter has a flange to press the auto pin, to use M42 lenses without M/A switch. I know an adapter for Exakta existed too. I know nothing about Nikon.
So you can take any MF Minolta bodies for your purposes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minolfan.

Rino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget XE (my all time favorite) and the more recent X-700, X-500/570.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. My options will be among these.

I hear that the XD 5, 7 and 11 were similar to the leicas R3, 4 and 5. I used Leica but M not R.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XE-1/XE-5 were developed together with the Leica R3; XD series were next, smaller and lighter bodies. XG are similair bodies in th same period as the XD, but cheaper constructed with horizontal cloth shutters instead of the vertical metal shutters of the XD. So if you want a kind of big and heavy Leica feeling you can look for XE-1 or XE-5.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again.

Yes, thank you very, very much.

Rino.