Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

c-mount lenses on a 5dmkII?? (looking for examples)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: c-mount lenses on a 5dmkII?? (looking for examples) Reply with quote

c-mount lenses on a 5dmkII??

Does anyone have any videos or stills to show? Very Happy

thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't work at all.
The register distance is smaller on c-mount than on EOS.
If you want to have something on focus you should stick the lens halfway inside your mirror box.

And also the coverage will be only on half of the sensor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:

If you want to have something on focus you should stick the lens halfway inside your mirror box.

Sounds painful for the camera Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/som-berthiot-pan-cinor-70-zoom-lens-f2-4-17-5mm-70mm-c-mount-t31300,highlight,som+berthiot.html

Cmount lens adapted to a Canon 300D. Possible to do on a 5dmkII but will require a relay lens in the adapter. Found some posts from member kds315* that got me going in the right direction. kds315* is a wealth of knowledge with c-mount lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reversed on a bellows is how I plan to try a few wide-angle c-mount lenses I have...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments but I think the OP did mean
to use such c-mount lenses DIRECTLY on a 5D, which
is a nogo as already stated.