Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorltiz Tele Megor 150mm f5.5 In exakta mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorltiz Tele Megor 150mm f5.5 In exakta mount. Reply with quote

Anyone have experience, any sample images taken with this lens. Does appear to have a hard coating .

The name color had some rust that I removed to the best I coul. The name on the collar says " Meyer Gorlitz Nr.908113 Tele Megor 1:5.5 f=15cm "

Best

Last edited by Kathmandu on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful lens.

Never seen any of the Telemegors or Telefogars in the flesh but the Meyer lenses of that vintage tend to be pretty good, I love my silver Primagon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
That's a beautiful lens.

Never seen any of the Telemegors or Telefogars in the flesh but the Meyer lenses of that vintage tend to be pretty good, I love my silver Primagon.

Its very short- 3 1/2 inches tall @ infinity, and almost 4 inches fully extended .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Telemagor produce good bokeh. I've test Telemagor 180mm f5.5 . But a problem is the weight. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanX wrote:
Meyer Telemagor produce good bokeh. I've test Telemagor 180mm f5.5 . But a problem is the weight. Sad

Thanks , I personally do not find it very heavy-but maybe thats because I have been using a lens thats pretty heavy lately -a 2 pounder (1 kilo approx).

After doing some research here and elsewhere I have found out that this is a prewar lens- and you're right about the bokeh. It seems sharp even wide open. I spent some time cleaning the elements. I will have to post some images when I can.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 pounder, bah, that's light as a feather, my favourite lens is a 5 pounder! lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
2 pounder, bah, that's light as a feather, my favourite lens is a 5 pounder! lol

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some images with this lens- wide open.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, has lovely colours and the bokeh is pretty busy like most Meyers, a nice find indeed, I love the character of these old lenses, makes for much more interesting imagery than modern glass imho.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Interesting, has lovely colours and the bokeh is pretty busy like most Meyers, a nice find indeed, I love the character of these old lenses, makes for much more interesting imagery than modern glass imho.

Old lens have soul, I think its been said before (not just to justify your LBA), even the Domiplan Very Happy -and its definitely an honor to be able to use them for producing photos.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telemegor 5.5/180 alu version is very small and light.
One of the lightest lenses available in that focal length I think.
These were made in both bright alu finish and painted black.

There is also a Meyer Primotar 3.5/180 that is indeed extremely large and heavy for what it is, as it was designed as a medium format lens, but also supplied in 35mm mounts as typical of the Easy German industry.

I think the Telemegor 150 may have only been made in heavy chromed brass. Mybe Attila knows if it was made in an alu version.

I also like heavy lenses ! My current favorite 135 is the Nikkor-Q 135/2.8 old style.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like em heavy too, makes em easier to hold steady. I love the feel of my Jupiter-11A, feels like it's a solid piece of steel!