Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Görlitz 180/5.5 dissembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Görlitz 180/5.5 dissembly Reply with quote

A puzzle lens kindly donated by another member. The mount is loose and assembling to get infinity focus hasn't worked. If we start with the lens focused at infinity.....

The optics body just unscrews away from the rest.

Looking inside at whence it came, we can see that the main focus helicoid (A) into which iswas screwed is pretty much level with the end of the barrel (B), In addition there is a hole for the focus ring stop screw (C).

Which we now remove.

With that screw out we can see from the other end that the main helicoid has two slots opposite each other and that the end of the helicoid is pretty much tight up against the mount.

Turning the focus barrel away from infinity advances the helicoid to reveal two pins over which the slots ride. After about one turn, the slots disengage from the pins.....

....and the whole focus assembly can be screwed out. It is a left handed thread.

Looking at the helicoid from the mount end, there are two witness marks which, with the end of the helicoid level with the end of the focus barrel, do NOT line up.

The mount is loose.....

....but by removing this shield ring, the three screws which fix it are revealed and tightening them solves this problem.

The pins which guide the helicoid are simply a push fit into holes in the focusing ring body. Each is spring loaded, but one spring is missing. I need to make another Smile

Removing the helicoid completely we see that, just as it comes away, the winess marks line up. This is useful info for when we have cleaned and greased it and begin re-assembly.

Which is straight forward i.e. assembly is the reverse of taking things apart.

When I got to putting the guide pins back into their slots, I screwed the focus barrel right in. It went just past the infinity mark. I then unscrewed it one whole turn before screwing the helicoid towards the mount. By pressing the spring loaded pin in and turning the focus back towards inifinity, the guide pins went into their slots.

Takes OK pictures too Smile

Infinity focus

100% crop

A bit better close to....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

How did the shield come off?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Congratulations!

How did the shield come off?

Warmed it with my hand and it just unscrewed Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, my BFI (brute force and ignorance) method could not do it but I didn't give it 100% as I know what usually happens.

Anyway, enjoy the lens. It's like a Trioplan wide open, but 2 stops slower.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done !

I am glad to see that my memory is not yet going, I did screw off that conical shield.