Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-3 Phs - cleaning rear elements?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Tair-3 Phs - cleaning rear elements? Reply with quote

I have a Tair-3 Phs with dirty elements. I've managed to remove the optical block from the main body, and I've removed the front element, cleaned that successfully, and replaced it. But I'm having trouble getting at the rear element(s) and I'm not sure how to gain access. Set down inside the barrel is a very, very tight retaining ring. I can just about move it with a lens wrench, but there's a lot of thread in the barrel and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I go ahead and remove it.

Does anyone have any experience of cleaning the rear glass on the Tair-3 models? I would be very grateful for some pointers!

Many thanks in advance Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE - no need for replies... I was able to remove the retaining ring. It just took a lot of effort - the threads were very dry and probably a bit grubby too. The rear element came out fine and has cleaned up just as well as the front. The lens is back together and working fine now Smile