Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 250mm 2 window preset + Sigma 1.4 APO Teleconverter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 250mm 2 window preset + Sigma 1.4 APO Teleconverter Reply with quote

Not bad. Though the Sigma teleconverter has a bit of it's lens sticking up, the Viv 250 2 Windows will work with it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost no details there, this is main difference of Vivitars vs top brand lenses I think TC make it to even worst.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Almost no details there, this is main difference of Vivitars vs top brand lenses I think TC make it to even worst.

Have to agree with the TC. Without it it is quite good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there is a 400 or 500mm version of that lens outside to hunt for? That is the trouble when you like to catch such little beauties, you need a long lens as they are not as tame as the squirrels of ANU can be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you do a little PP to remove the whiteness? I love these cardinals they are so red!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Maybe there is a 400 or 500mm version of that lens outside to hunt for? That is the trouble when you like to catch such little beauties, you need a long lens as they are not as tame as the squirrels of ANU can be.

I'm looking right now for any additional lens that would make up a set of these 2 window lens. So far this is the only one I've seen. I have a lot of 400mm and 500mm lens and they do much better with the small birds. My favorite is a Sigma 50-500mm "Bigma" but it is an Auto focus lens and not manual focus so I shy away from discussing it much here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Can you do a little PP to remove the whiteness? I love these cardinals they are so red!

Which photo would you like PP'd?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers 2 and 3 if possible..I would like to hear some more on the bigma...just for the cool name and I hear so much about it but have no idea what it is,maybe put it in the AF section you could give us newbies an insight to how good this lens is. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Numbers 2 and 3 if possible..I would like to hear some more on the bigma...just for the cool name and I hear so much about it but have no idea what it is,maybe put it in the AF section you could give us newbies an insight to how good this lens is. Very Happy

Here is a quick remake of one of them. I'll post more Cardinal photos in the AF forum with some shots of the "Bigma" tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,it comes out ok.Thanks for showing the PP'd version.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to say nicely teleconverters are crap in 99% or at least makes potentially good lenses crappy in 99%?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
How to say nicely teleconverters are crap in 99% or at least makes potentially good lenses crappy in 99%?

No need to dance around it...just say what you believe!! LOL Most times I agree. Had to try it though to see. LOL