Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guitar photos with a Karl Gener 135mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Guitar photos with a Karl Gener 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I know nothing about this lens, which I picked up locally, other than that it was made in Japan, which is nothing unusual. I have been unable to find any information about it.

I have enjoyed it however, and 135mm is my prefered focal length. I thought I'd share a few that I took with it recently. And maybe see if anyone knows anything about it, or happens to have one.

It is a close focusing lens, but a few of these, the ones of the guitar itself, were taken using tubes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks ok to me. I would say that judging by pic#2 that it could do with a lens hood, or if it has one a deeper one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martins, why does the lens need a hood? How can you tell by looking at the picture? Learning by asking questions.

Heart can we see a picture of the lens?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy: lesser contrast in #2 than #1 taken at different angle - stray light leads to that ---> need sunshade.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar photos with a Karl Gener 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

heartcat wrote:
I know nothing about this lens, which I picked up locally

"Locally" being where? Googling for Karl Gener, lenses with that branding seem to occur most often in Canada and the Northern US, so it may have been the house brand of a store chain operating in that region.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this set Very Happy

The first one is the pick of the bunch for me, love the off straight angle to give it that qwerky look Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all.

Martin, no it doesn't have a lens hood unfortunately. Although in that particular photo, the second one, what you see is actually a 'haze' effect I was trying out, lol, in post processing. I don't do a lot of post processing and am not very adept at it. Both my son and the camera and myself were in the shade.

Mmelvis, I will take a photo of the lens and post later.

Sevo, I'm in southern Ontario, Canada. You know more than what I've been able to find out, if you've noticed it seems to be more common in this region and the northeastern U.S. I wonder what store it might have been made for.