Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar f2/58mm - first outing ( in Japan )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rare bird indeed and stil capable of lovely results today!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a few 100 have been ever made
Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
a few 100 have been ever made
Shocked

Yes, please don't be too surprised. This was what happened with ALL Asahi's lens designs containing three glued elements. The 58mm f/2 Takumar was the first one, the 83mm f/1.9 Takumar the second one, and the 50mm f/1.4 Super-Takumar (the first 8 element version) the last. The reason for this is that, from a production point of view, producing 3-element groups is very time-consuming to get right and as a result very expensive to make. So, none of these designs lasted for very long, and that's why these are very sought after.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the background information...makes perfect sense,time would have been spent making sure it was perfect before sending out to be bought.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Excellent results Andreas.

thank's Smile

fatdeeman wrote:
A rare bird indeed and stil capable of lovely results today!

I think so.
For me this lens is like a climax Wink

kds315* wrote:

Well, I have found three so far, except the one you snatched away in front of my nose Andreas Wink Wink You deserve one for sure!!

and let them go again, all three...phuu, I couldn't do that!
Klaus, I didn't really snatch it away, did I? Wink

I deserve one? Well, I also have found 3 so far Laughing
for this may be a rare view then, fast and dirty takes I had to do, before one is gone, sent off to someone I promised it for about cost price

I must have been very lucky to find 3 2/58, as I also have been looking for the 83mm Tak and the f2.4/58 'Heliar' but could not find any

on closer look one may find that each one is a bit different from the other, though one very likely not originally so.
note that they are placed so that the red distance mark rests on the top

cheers,
Andreas