Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The deer game
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: The deer game Reply with quote

I had a fun afternoon stalking Deer in the Park. I was using the Tamron SP f5.6 300mm but I had my doubts about getting any photos. It was very dull with dark clouds and not a bright spot in sight. Exposure was down to 1/60 f5.6 at 400asa so I had to move up to 800asa and hope 1/120 and the monopod would keep things steady. These deer are very hard to even find and see. They usually spot you before you even catch a glimpse of them.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/tamronadaptal

Spot the Deer full frame uncropped shot How many deer?

Try again

There are three Deer there but not much chance of getting a clear shot. You can see that having a longer lens wouldn’t do any good.
An hour later at a better viewpoint I caught these two.

Hey Is he using a Tamron SP 300 on us?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics Rob. I love shooting wild life although here I have to limit myself to birds.
There is a pair. Eventually they've spotted you.
Any hint regarding the distance?

Sorin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky it was only a tamron 300 pointing at them or they would be venison stew by now! Good attempt.