Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-44-2 58mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Helios-44-2 58mm f2 Reply with quote

Some of you were doing reviews on on the Helios-44-XX lenses-I've had one copy o the Helios sitting on the shelf mounted on a Yashica TL, so I decided to take it down, and take it for a "swirl". I noticed an oily film on the inside edges of the elements,and took the outer elements out and cleaned it -with 50/50 Isoprophyl and distilled water.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to just be able to clean your own lens Cool I have yet to get a Helios of any sort...what does this one look like?Love the flowers, actually I like all of the images and their bokeh Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Must be nice to just be able to clean your own lens Cool I have yet to get a Helios of any sort...what does this one look like?Love the flowers, actually I like all of the images and their bokeh Very Happy

Its more out of necessity, plus "I'm passionate about lenses"-like most people here ~ Very Happy -Thanks .

Here's some images of the lens-I bought mine on Ebay from an Canadian seller-along with some other lenses-2yrs ago. Looks like it could use another cleaning before I put it away Wink I would recommend this lens based on my experience with this lens.-Its built solid, color tone,sharp wide open-feels good in the hand. The aperture is like the preset Biotar -no clicks -you get accustomed to the no click easily ,and might come to like that feature.I know that its got to be a great feature to have for video on a DSLR. This lens benefits a lot in having a lens hood-I have mine on it most of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veri nice.

Thats the KMZ made 44-2.
I have two 44-2s and the KMZ one is so much better !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos they clear up an issue I have been having over which one to buy.
I notice the lens has the sunken front element, most Helios that I see on Oz ebay have the front element flat across....I would guess the sunken Helios is the one to get?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 44M has the never one, more resolution.
44 has the "sunken" element and produces much more interesting photos.

I myself prefer the 44, because of the "sunken" first element, it has a "built in hood".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Helios

53/2

Last edited by fizuwy on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:51 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tire of seeing Helios images. Especially the ones that are shrp wide open.

I love my 44-2, but sadly my 5Dii doesn't. Thankfully the 44M range works. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I can not post the image?

Who can tell me how? Thanks .

I post the image by the code of " [img]...[/img]'

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/41305562.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again im gonna paste this here...

Гелиос-44 -- 35/14 линий/мм
Гелиос-44-2 -- 38/20 линий/мм
Гелиос-44-7 -- 36/17 линий/мм
Гелиос-44М-4 -- 38/19 линий/мм
MC Гелиос-44М-4 -- 41/20 линий/мм
MC Гелиос-44K-4 -- 42/21 линий/мм
MC Гелиос-44М-5 -- 41/20 линий/мм
MC Гелиос-44М-6 -- 45/25 линий/мм
MC Гелиос-44М-7 -- 50/30 линий/мм

You can see the resolution rising by a bit almost every time.
(center/edge lines/mm)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fizuwy wrote:
My Helios

53/2

Umm.. Thats the Helios 81...

Topic is about the 44.
One of my Helios is 85/1.5, nothing to do with the 44....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fizuwy
you can not post a image in your first post as an anti spam measure,try now and you can Very Happy Welcome by the way!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nearly always impressed by 44 images, but it shouldn't be surprising when you consider where the design comes from.

And you can still get these lenses for next to nothing Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere I can find trhe resolution power of the 44-3 (44-2 with MC and better resolution?).

It´s a good lens.

Rino.