Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 2.8/135 with K200D....Waterfall,Emus,Raising the Dam
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Soligor 2.8/135 with K200D....Waterfall,Emus,Raising the Dam Reply with quote

I had a day out with the camera and Soligor 135/2.8 ,while we have good weather Very Happy I really like this Soligor well worth the $10 or so dollars spent!
#1 Raising the dam wall and spill way wall...they must have known the recent rains were coming!We are expecting another 50mm this weekend...over the whole local area(last Saturday) there was between 50mm-150mm that came down in 24hrs over various parts of the local area.

Dam wall from the water side

#2 Emus...the fence they are behind has just been put up for some unknown reason in the National park,that stretches the length of the dam...not sure if it is to keep the wildlife from the water or the road??
1st couple the males head has a blue tinge to it.

2nd couple

2nd couple...there was a third with the male being this side of the fence and the female the other...grrr we were wondering do they have nesting sites that they have been cut off from because of the fence?

#3 Waterfall...has not run in 10+ years

Just a road

Kangaroo skull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works quite well its seems. Try wide-open at infinity, thats a good quality check.

Those emu's look like good subjects. They seem tame enough. You may want to try a 500mm or so from down by the fence ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same one as this ?

Mine was cheap as well, and I've had some good pictures from it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,it is older I think...when I have time later on I will post a photo of it.
Thanks luisalegria I will be taking a longer lens next time but it will be only a 300mm.Yes the emus did not seem to be to fazed,but I don't think they will allow me to get to close...from reputation they can kick side ways and it is mating season...Mr emu may be defensive Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo
We also have Emus in North Carolina, they raise them here. Have you seen an Emu egg? It's roughly = a dozen chicken eggs.
You can buy them local, but I've not tried one. I'm not that hungry. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen an egg( not in the wild though) I am not a fan of eating exotic things Very Happy
Quote:
We also have Emus in North Carolina,

Do they run free range... Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the skull shot, and the hill shot from behind the dam. The hills look like they are covered in plush carpet.
Your focus seems just an ooch off in some pics. do you need readers like me? Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you need readers like me?

Not really Paul, although I am going farsighted...I am short sighted to begin with Sad so already wear glasses.Taking my time may help to nail the focus,tripod you know all the little variables that come into play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that, sister.
I just figured your new dslr has stability control ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Amen to that, sister.
I just figured your new dslr has stability control ...

It does but it still does not help user error... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have seen an egg( not in the wild though) I am not a fan of eating exotic things Very Happy
Quote:
We also have Emus in North Carolina,

Do they run free range... Laughing Cool

The ones in my area are fenced in.Not really big enough to call free range.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose I should mention I had emu sausages for dinners tonight. A nice collection of pics Mo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't suppose I should mention I had emu sausages for dinners tonight. A nice collection of pics Mo.

well you ate them and not me... Very Happy What could you liken the flavor to?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emu meat is fairly strong and tangy in flavour. The texture is course. It has a very unique flavour of its own and quite yummy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More recent artistic images from this lens...late afternoon sun.Which one is the better image composition wise?...of the grass coming through the wire...just to give me ideas for composition improvements when I look at an object.Thanks