Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ 70-210mm f/4.5-5.6 superzoom - mount type?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: CZJ 70-210mm f/4.5-5.6 superzoom - mount type? Reply with quote

Hi I'd like to mount this lens on my D5000 for manual focus experiments. Would be grateful if someone could tell me what mount is this lens. I googled it, seems like a Pentax K mount or Olympus mount. Am confused. Also is it true it is impossible to achieve infinity with it? Please share your photos from this lens.

You can see the lens photo at:
flickr.com/photos/81605556@N00/5011086522/

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ 70-210mm f/4.5-5.6 superzoom - mount type? Reply with quote

tarifkhan wrote:
Hi I'd like to mount this lens on my D5000 for manual focus experiments. Would be grateful if someone could tell me what mount is this lens. I googled it, seems like a Pentax K mount or Olympus mount. Am confused. Also is it true it is impossible to achieve infinity with it? Please share your photos from this lens.

You can see the lens photo at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81605556@N00/5011086522/

Cheers!

Welcome to our forum and enjoy!

Nice day.

tf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tarifkhan

I'm afraid you are only going to get infinity focus with Nikon mount lenses on your D5000. Unfortunately the Nikon mount is a bit restrictive for MF users, but don't fear, there is some fantastic Nikon glass out there!

As for this lens, it's not a real Carl Zeiss Jena (it's something else rebranded) so I wouldn't spend too much time trying to mount it on your Nikon unless you are really curious Smile

Have fun in MF land Cool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Not a real Carl Zeiss Jena (it's something else rebranded) s

Cosina made

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies! Smile

Its hard to accept defeat. Solace came in the form of a Vivitar 35mm f/2.8 T4 for nikon lens. I got it while browsing a second hand lens shop. My first ever working nikon compatible MF lens. Its a joy to focus 9" from the subject. I love it.

This forum has made me go crazy on MF stuff. They're so damn cheap!

@ManualFocus-G. Curious as any cat. I intend to do infinity focus surgery on it.... after i get an adapter ring Razz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarifkhan wrote:
Thank you for the replies! Smile

Its hard to accept defeat. Solace came in the form of a Vivitar 35mm f/2.8 T4 for nikon lens. I got it while browsing a second hand lens shop. My first ever working nikon compatible MF lens. Its a joy to focus 9" from the subject. I love it.

This forum has made me go crazy on MF stuff. They're so damn cheap!

@ManualFocus-G. Curious as any cat. I intend to do infinity focus surgery on it.... after i get an adapter ring Razz

Good stuff Cool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of MF Nikkor lenses out there for you to experiment with. I'm not sure the D5000 will meter with with old lenses though.