Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss: Pictures and Leica 90mm f2 added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Zeiss: Pictures and Leica 90mm f2 added Reply with quote

Hi,
I have just bought a few more leica lenses and a canon FD 85, so I need to sell some to cover my costs. Prices are negotiable. As I am new in this forum, I can offer more info about my ID to those seriously interested to buy. I have also sold to a member of this forum before.
I can offer:
Zeiss ZF 50mm f1.4 - £300 plus £8 for parcelforce or other delivery
Zeiss ZF 18mm f3.5 - £650 plus £8
Zeiss ZF 25mm f2.8 - £510 plus £8
Zeiss ZF 35mm f2 - £550 plus 8£

All excellent condition, all boxed apart from 25mm.
(see image on photobucket)

ADDED: Leica Summicron-R 90mm f2. late issue, very nice condition, no scratches, nothing negative to say. comes with leather pouch and box. hardly used. I have 5 lenses in this focal length, this is the dearest in price so it must go!
£500 plus £8 delivery

Leica Summicron-R 50mm E55 - £230 plus £8 PF (Sold to a memebr of this forum).

Some pics here, more on http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/Picturesofmine-Album-2010-/

Last edited by Edgar on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Edgar. As a newbie to the forum, it might be a bit difficult to sell here since we do not know you. Perhaps you want to introduce yourself a bit more in the Cafe corner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
From one Edgar to another, welcome to the forum! There's not many of us about, well, not in my part of the world anyway. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling offer in first post not the best step to enter into our community.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Nice lenses without doubt, but as the others already said, it would be nice to learn about you before you offer lenses here.

Do you have an EBAY account?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... one post, fairly low prices and time pressure (" I can post out till 1st of September, after that I am on holidays for a week") - why post now, if you're leaving in 4 days?

It does not sound good...

Of course, I could be wrong; for once, I would be happy to e proven wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you hold on to those lenses for a while? Just the other day, I sent all my cash to a nice lady who works for a bank in Hong Kong. I promise I'll buy all your ZF lenses once that lady wires me that half a million which belonged to a cousin I only recently discovered I had.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Can you hold on to those lenses for a while? Just the other day, I sent all my cash to a nice lady who works for a bank in Hong Kong. I promise I'll buy all your ZF lenses once that lady wires me that half a million which belonged to a cousin I only recently discovered I had.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Edgar ..

thanks for your offer but would you take this into your consideration:

You might be leaving VERY QUICKLY this forum, if you like using words such as QUICK and SALE.

tf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your skepticism, so I will not answer to all the "nice" posts separately. I could not find that coffee corner where I am to introduce myself. Anyway, I did say I can give more details if a deal is in view. BTW I have put a similar ad in talkphotography.co.uk where I have more than 100 feedbacks. The only problem - people over there are not interested in manual lenses. Thus I am here.
About me: I have slowly disposed of all my AF lenses and I mainly use a mixture of different Zeiss (contax and ZF) and leica R lenses. my camera is a humble 30D, which I hope to upgrade to 5d one day. I have also just paid for FD 85, which should complement my setup nicely. I am selling because i have overstepped my budget by quite a large amount, so I have to sell some of my old lenses.
BTW it is not urgent anymore as my holiday is canceled due to sad circumstances. I can also meet in person in Cardiff, Wales.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly forgot to mention, thank you for all the genuine welcome as well! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, the coffee corner is here: http://forum.mflenses.com/the-photographers-cafe-f9.html under Forum Central: Photographer's Cafe. I call it coffee corner so might be a bit of confusion. Do also share some photos of yours in the respective sections if you wish to.

Don't worry, you are not being single out. Members here want to know more about new members before starting to trade with them. People here tends to look after one another. By the way, posting some images of the lens you are selling might also help.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

You had a rich cousin in HK too?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

You had a rich cousin in HK too?

That's nothing. I'm a Nigerian prince.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgar wrote:

Sorry for ganging up on you and our skepticism. But imagine one day you return home, some unknown guy standing on the door trying to sell your teenage daughter (if you have one, or imagine you have one if you don't) some £500 lens with the word "zeiss, quick sale!". What will you do? Wink

Welcome here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! as I said I understand the source of the comments, and in retrospect my post does look rather suspicious Smile
I will try to organize some pictures soon.
have a nice day! Ed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edgar and welcome to the forum.

All: I can confirm this guy is a member of talkphotography and has the same ad up there Smile

Seriously though, you'll have much more fun over here. We have some mental lens stuff going on round these parts Wink Laughing

G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Edgar wrote:

Sorry for ganging up on you and our skepticism. But imagine one day you return home, some unknown guy standing on the door trying to sell your teenage daughter (if you have one, or imagine you have one if you don't) some £500 lens with the word "zeiss, quick sale!". What will you do? Wink

Welcome here.

Id open my arms and call him "son".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:

Id open my arms and call him "son".

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Thanks for understanding our skepticism.
You know, this board once was small, almost familiar. With a low number of regular participants we all felt like knowing each other for years.
Now, that it has grown considerably, precaution and prudence are necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! thank you, ManualFocus-G, for confirming my ID! Smile
I am also often in fredmiranda board55, very popular with zeiss users that place. I must confess, I see myself more a collectioner than accomplished photographer.
busineswise:
Leica lens is reserved, I was contacted by a forum member via PM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the leica summicron is sold. offers welcome for other ones!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgar wrote:
I have also just paid for FD 85, which should complement my setup nicely.

Hello Edgar. How are you planning to mount this lens on your 30D?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Edgar wrote:
I have also just paid for FD 85, which should complement my setup nicely.

Hello Edgar. How are you planning to mount this lens on your 30D?

Hi, Peter! it requires a serious lens surgery. if not that I will buy a sony nex or equivalent one day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 90 'cron looks del-i-cious!